Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Our Mosaic Wedding Linens at The Duquesne Club Pittsburgh

Mosaic Wedding Linens at The Duquesne Club Pittsburgh

Mosaic Wedding Linens at The Duquesne Club Pittsburgh
Our reaction as we saw the room for the first time. 

Mosaic Wedding Linens at The Duquesne Club Pittsburgh
If there is one thing I love, it's setting a beautiful table. My entire inspiration for our wedding was that I wanted it to feel like it was a romantic dinner party at a close friend's home. To me, that meant subtle touches of warmth, like lots of candlelight, a mix of textures, and nothing too over the top to create that familiar but elegant vibe.  Keep scrolling because I have TONS of photos to share with you all. 

One way I think that vibe was accomplished was through the linens I chose from Mosaic. Mosaic is a woman-owned business located here in Pittsburgh (in the Strip District) and a vendor I would highly recommend! While Mosaic is based in Pittsburgh, they ship products across the country and work with couples all over so you can work with them no matter where you live or where your wedding will be.

This has been such a long time coming! I am so excited to share with you all some of the decor details! This is also a reminder that if you are planning a wedding or event to think of your local vendors. 2020 and into 2021 has been incredibly tough for all of those in the event industry so supporting the event industry is so important!

You can read about my selection process, here, which is what I shared before our wedding, but I wanted to be able to share exactly what linens we used so you all could replicate it if you saw something you liked. I was able to link to everything since you can see the linens on Mosaic's site. They also have over 31 pages of photos from past clients and they're great for using as inspiration! I knew the vendors I wanted to use as this was a job for me at one time and I've worked with all of these vendors before, but for those of you planning a wedding or event for the first time, a way to see if the vendor is a good fit for you is to check out their work. I always think it's a great sign when they have a ton of work to show as it means they are well-liked! 

It turned out even better than what was in my head! I was so pleased... as you can see my face in the photos at the top of this post! Whenever you plan something like this, you see all the details piece by piece but to see it all come together and look even better than you expected is just priceless. 

I've worked with the owner, Susie Perelman and Mosaic in the past and know that the Mosaic team is knowledgeable, detail-oriented, and on their A-game at all times. They are very knowledgeable and make everything so easy. Not to mention, they carry SO many linens. It's truly mindblowing when going inside of their showroom. The selection is second to none and makes me want to host a million and one events!!! 

I'll share exactly what each Mosaic linen was called and if you have any questions, you can always reach out to Mosaic to inquire about availability, pricing, etc.

Cocktail Hour
Mosaic Wedding Linens at The Duquesne Club Pittsburgh

Duquesne Club Pittsburgh Wedding

Duquesne Club Pittsburgh Fountain Room Wedding

Wedgwood inspired wedding

Wedding Linen Rentals Pittsburgh

Wedding Linen Rentals Pittsburgh

Wedding Linen Rentals Pittsburgh

Party Mosaic Linen Rentals Pittsburgh Review

The first time I was in the Mosaic showroom to plan for our wedding, I immediately spotted this gorgeous white lace overlay. I mean it is just STUNNING. Mosaic is one of the only places in the country that has this linen right now and I feel so lucky to have been able to use it for our cocktail hour! I loved the mix of textures that we had going on with the glass top tables and the linen-covered high cocktail tables. I also liked that the white linens helped our little Wedgwood vases to really pop! The lace felt so soft and feminine in the beautiful fountain room.

Guest Tables
Party Mosaic Linen Rentals Pittsburgh Review

classic wedding decor

classic wedding tablescape

classic wedding tablescape

duquesne club pittsburgh ballroom

duquesne club pittsburgh ballroom

duquesne club pittsburgh ballroom

duquesne club pittsburgh ballroom

duquesne club pittsburgh ballroom

duquesne club pittsburgh ballroom

Susie recommended that we do a mix of textures for the guest tables. I definitely would not have thought to do that and it turned out so beautifully! Guests at the velvet tables actually commented on how soft they were, ha!!! Lamour has a beautiful sheen to it whereas the velvet looked more matte. I think overall, it just added more depth and interest to the room. You can get both of these fabrics in different colors to suit your personal tastes and vision. We did white hemstitch napkins. It all just flowed perfectly!  

Cake Table
wedgwood inspired wedding cake

This was the same as our sweetheart table. It's just so pretty and again, this was a table with some Wedgwood things on it along with our Wedgwood-inspired cake, so I wanted a linen that would let those pop. This did just that! They had a pin-spot on the cake and I just loved the way the linen glowed in the brighter light! 
Sweetheart Table
party mosaic wedding linens pittsburgh
With all of the lights on in the room and no candles lit during setup so you can see how the fabric changes in different light. 
party mosaic wedding linens pittsburgh

party mosaic wedding linens pittsburgh

party mosaic wedding linens pittsburgh

I loved this linen for our sweetheart table. Since we were the only table with a few Wedgwood items, this was another linen that allowed those to pop! Also, this looks SO good against the flicker of candlelight. It shimmers in the most sunning way and felt so fancy. I'll post a video on Instagram so you can see what I am talking about! 

As a side note, the sweetheart table was the best. We truly got to spend so much time together. We were able to sit back, take it all in, and fully enjoy our meal. The food was SO good. We kept saying all night how lucky we were and how we couldn't believe it was finally happening!

Cocktail Tables Around Dance Floor 
party mosaic wedding linens pittsburgh
Without Camera Flash 

party mosaic wedding linens pittsburgh
With Camera Flash to see how different lighting changes the look!

party mosaic wedding linens pittsburgh
Ivory Sparkling Sand (with sashes)

I love that we had cocktail tables around the dance floor as that let people take a rest from dancing but instead of going back to their table, they were able to enjoy a cocktail as they watched people dance. The ivory sparkling sand was a linen recommended to us by Susie and I LOVED it. When the dancing started, the lights became lower so the name 'sparkling sand' really came to life. The tables were almost illuminated in the low light with the candles on them. I also like the texture and slight print of them as it gave some depth!
party mosaic wedding linens pittsburgh

party mosaic wedding linens pittsburgh
Mosaic will give you swatches so you can work with your other vendors/decor to create something that all works together! It was so helpful as I was able to send the blue swatches for the guest tables in to be color-matched so that our menu cards worked perfectly with the linens!

3 comments:

Kelly C said...

Elegant dinner party is exactly the vibes these photos show! I love it! I can't wait to hear more about the paper, flower, and music details! Feels like I'm reliving the day through you!

Sharon said...

I would not have thought that linens could make such a difference to the look and feel of the event. Beautiful choices!

I also love that you had time to sit and enjoy the meal. I always think it's such a waste when you hear the couple never got to eat. Visiting and socializing with your guests is important, but you should also enjoy everything -- well done!

MC said...

Cocktail tables around the dance floor.. mind blowing, party planning GENIUS! I am loving these 'deep dive' posts.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure