Friday, December 3, 2021

Gift Guide 2021: For the Pups and/or Pet Owner

Gift Guide 2021: For the Pups and/or Pet Owner


December always marks another year that I have had Henry! I rescued him back in 2017 and I cannot believe we are approaching 4 years. I feel like I always say this but it feels like he has been in my life forever. He is SUCH a joy. 

This year, my parents got a dog, Buddy, who is also an Australian Cattle Dog so now we have 3 dogs within our immediate family. Henry is certainly the alpha male that rules over the other two (Bean is my sister's dog). Buddy is 1.5 years old, Bean is 5 years old, and we think Henry is now about 6 years old.

I LOVE shopping for Henry. I cannot resist buying him new toys and treats and all sorts of things. He loves toys so much and always destroys them. I never want to know how much I have spent collectively on stuffed toys, haha!! 

I think it's so fun to give family pets gifts for the holidays but I also think it is so fun to give a pet owner something that represents their pets. My husband lives for gifts like this. I have gotten him a Henry mug, rocks glass, etc. and he treats them as prized possessions. 


Gift Guide 2021: For the Pups and/or Pet Owner

We had Mac for 14ish years and now I have had Henry for 4 years, I feel very qualified to dish out suggestions on gifts for dogs and their owners! There are SO many fun things out there. I thought I would highlight some of the items that are within this gift guide! 

Wobble Treat Dispensing Kong// I'm going to get my sister's dog this toy. It's such a good one. It looks like a giant kong. The base is weighted so it sits upright and then there is this small hole on the side. I add treats into it and then Henry knows to nudge it around to get the treats out. So it's interactive and kind of like a puzzle toy. He loves it!!! 

Stainless Slow Feeder Dog Bowl// Henry was in need of a new food bowl. The catch is that he needs a slow-feeder because he eats crazy fast. I did a lot of research on this and stainless steel is the way to go because of how easy it is to clean and its antimicrobial properties. Apparently, some of the bowls sold on Amazon are not high-quality stainless or even fully stainless. So, I ended up with this one. It really is slow feeding, too, which is so great. 

Super Chewer Bark Box// I buy these super chewer toys by Bark Box at Target so often. Henry wrecks stuffed toys within minutes so sometimes I will get him these more rubberized toys so that they last longer. He LOVES them, I think because the fabric on the outside makes him think it's a stuffed toy, even though there is no stuffing inside. So I figured I would get him the Bark Box subscription. He had it a while ago and then I think I just never renewed it. So this year this is what he is getting! 

Pet ID Clip// This is so smart. It is a clip you can attach your pet's ID tag to so you can swap collars so quickly and easily. It's basically like a tiny carabiner. 

Custom Pet Illustration// This is what we had done for our wedding. We bought the licensing for it so we were able to use it on tons of things. I got my husband custom stationery using this illustration and it turned out SO cute. I also had napkins made using this sketch. Once you own the sketch you could literally have it put on anything! 

Car Pet Hammock// I've shared this a lot. I have a tan-interior car and it's SO hard to find a nice quality hammock for the backseat of a car in tan! We have had this one for years and I love it. I just toss it in the washing machine whenever it is needed and it has held up so well!

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure