Friday, October 21, 2022

Gift Guide 2022: Hosts and Hostesses

Gift Guide: Hosts and Hostesses
Shop the Items:
Today's gift guide is focusing on gifts for the host/hostess. Whether you are headed to someone's home for a holiday party, or dinner get-together, or are staying the weekend, I've come up with some cute ideas to show your thankfulness for their hospitality! I'm very much in the camp of never showing up empty-handed! I have a 'gift box' which is basically a big plastic storage container filled to the brim with giftable items. Sometimes I buy things throughout the year with a certain person in mind and other times I see something go on sale that I know anyone would love and buy several of them. That way, if invited to something on short notice, I have something nice to bring along with me. 


I tried to include things in all different price ranges. For a dinner party, I usually don't spend more than $50, but for a housewarming gift or say, a weekend stay, I like to do a little more. These are also good options for people that you want to thank in some way. For example, I like to give my parents something whenever they watch Henry. It's usually a souvenir of sorts from whatever trip we are on- they always tell me not to get them anything but I LOVE to give people things. 

You're going to want to read below to read about my ideas on how to package these items or little add-ons depending on how much you are looking to spend! 

Tea Towels// These come in a set of 3. I think they are so beautiful given as a set but you could also break them up to give to 3 different recipients. I will often wrap a bottle of wine in a tea towel and tie with a bow! 

Large Tervis Ginger Jar// I think this large Tervis is too cute- maybe best for someone with a home by the water since this isn't glass and keeps drinks cold! I love Tervis, I have one that has held up for the past 10 years! I think a cute add-on would be to put a Starbucks card inside or maybe some hot cocoa ingredients! 

Cherries// I don't really drink cocktails with these cherries but my husband and dad do. They are expensive for one jar of cherries!! Anyway, these are Italian and delicious and the jar is gorgeous. You could pair this with a bottle of bourbon. 

Down Throw// This is the 'green blanket'. I have so much love for this blanket and I think, in general, a throw blanket makes a great gift because you can never have too many! 

Dish Soap// I think it is fun to give an everyday item that has been 'upgraded'. For example, this is dish soap and do I think it's a little overpriced? Yes, but I do like to give these 'little' items like this to friends and family because it is not necessarily something you'd buy yourself all of the time. I'd personaly probably not buy this for myself, but if I got it as a hostess gift, I would think that's neat! tie on a sponge with some ribbon and you have yourself a cute little gift! 

Marble Wine Coaster// You can find wine coasters at all different price points. I think the presentation is done best when you sit a bottle of wine in the coaster, wrap with cellophane and tie a wine stopper on with the bow. Otherwise, you can give the wine coaster with some individually wrapped chocolates and wrap with cellophane and a bow. I use wine coasters all over my home as little bows, trinket trays, etc. 

Cocktail Napkins// I am a cocktail napkin hoarder. It's true. I have SO many. I love to collect them. I think these make such a nice gift. I always appreciate something personalized- hard to do last minute but if you know with enough time, this is a great option! 

Italian Olive Oil// I'm big on Italian olive oil and balsamic now. Nice olive oil makes a world of a difference in your salads. We even just dip a nice loaf of bread in oil and vinegar and it is incredible. 

Scrubdaddy Sponge// These are pretty much the only sponges we use. They are the best. I thought it was interesting that they make a gray sponge for those who are concerned with aesthetics. Honestly, I'm thinking about it and I'd rather have a gray sponge that blends in with my stainless steel sink than the orange one I currently have in the sink!! 

Tea Kettle// We have this tea kettle and I love it. It is not huge- it makes a few cups at a time and because it is not huge, it's easy to store away. It's also just beautiful! I think this is a great gift on its own but you could add in a duo of mugs and a tin of tea! 

Small Planter// I have these planters in the larger size and they sit on my windowsill. They are so cute and simple. I think the smallest one would be adorable to plant an herb in. You can find herbs at places like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and they are inexpensive! 

Menu Book//  I love this book. It's part book and part scrapbook to keep record of the dinner parties you host! 

Bitters Bottle// This could be so cute paired with the cherries above or a bottle of bitters. I think this is too cute and bitters and this bottle would be around $20! 

Balsamic Vinegar// I love love love the balsamic. It's expensive as far as balsamic goes but this is the very best! 

Quick Ideas In A Pinch:
- Grocery store bouquet (Whole Foods and Trader Joe's have my favorite flowers) and run over to TJ Maxx/Homegoods for a vase. I don't like to bring a floral bouquet because then the host has to make sure they get water and that just adds something to the to-do list! 

- If you want to do flowers, sending them ahead of time is always so nice so the host/hostess can set them out during the event. You can also send them afterward, I don't think it makes a huge difference either way! 

- I think a bottle of wine is always perfect for dinner at someone's home. But there are those who do not drink or those who do not like wine. My grammie, for instance, would be gracious about receiving a bottle of wine, but I know that she does not really drink much wine and so I'd think of something different for her. She loves chocolate so a box of chocolates or a plate of cookies would be perfect for her! Simple is always great but just be sure you are keeping the person's preferences in mind! 

- If they are hosting you for an extended period of time, a gift card to a cleaning service would be generous. This takes a little leg work on your part to figure out who they already use or a service that would do a one-time cleaning in that area. 

-As some of my friends have started to have children and I've started to get to know families in our neighborhood with children, I've started to compile things for children, too, because I always like to bring a toy/something little for the child! I try to do this with my niece and nephew, each time I see them, I try to remember to bring something little for them. I know my aunts and uncles always did this for me and it was always so magical!

- I know everyone is bored of candles as a host/hostess gift but I personally love receiving a nice candle. I do think scent is personal and so it can be hard to find something that really pleases everyone, but I think if you wrap it in cellophane with a matchbook and a bow, it makes for an adorable little gift. 

2022 Gift Guides:

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure