Monday, October 24, 2022

September Favorites

Tennis Shoes// Silver Polish// Dress (use code SYDNEY15 for 15% off)// Striped Nightgown

Well, we are halfway through October and I'm just now getting my September favorites list up... it's honestly an illustration of my life right now, ha!! As a reminder, I share my favorites from each month, and then at the end of the year, I narrow it down further to a 'best of 2022' list! I'll link to past months in 2022 at the bottom of this post! If an item is included on a monthly list, it means I am *passionate* about these items.

I have a question for you all regarding my end-of-year list. Do you want to see things from past year's lists if I still think they are the best ever or do you want this list to be ONLY things from 2022 (so no repeats)? I usually just do my lists from the current year but wanted to get your feedback on this! Let me know!

Poppi Strawberry Lemon// This has become one of my favorite drinks. Each can is a little pricey, in my opinion ($2.50ish) so I consider it a 'treat' when I drink it but it's so delicious. I have tried all of the flavors now and the strawberry lemon is my favorite. They're sweet, in my opinion, they could be a little less sweet, but I still truly love this strawberry lemon favorite. I didn't love any of the other flavors- I thought the orange was OK and it was the only other flavor I'd drink again besides strawberry lemon. Anyway, they have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in it and so the marketing for it is all about 'gut health'. I'm not drinking it hoping for any health benefits, though. I think water is probably the only drink that's truly 'good' for you but this is a low-calorie, low-sugar treat that I just love! 

Suede Boots// I got these boots last year and they are just the best! Mine are brown but it looks like they are selling a black pair and this taupe-y grey shade this year. They are SO comfortable and so simple. They are a classic and something I will be wearing for many years to come. 

Bronze Balm// Merit is a new-to-me brand even though it's been around for a while. I got sent a PR package of this bronze balm and I love it so much. Someone asked me how it compares to the Westman Atelier contour stick that I have and the only way I can describe it is that the Westman Atelier is colder in color so it's more of a true contour stick than it is a bronzer. For warmth, I like Westman Atelier's illuminating highlight in peau du soleil but that's also different in that it has quite a bit of shimmer/highlight to it. Anyway,  if I'm comparing it to the WA contour stick, the Merit Bronze balm glides on my skin and blends in like soft butter. The WA contour stick is just a little less 'buttery' in terms of application and blending! Both are great products but I'm finding myself preferring the bronze balm. I think it gives a more natural and less contoured look. 

Turtleneck// I wrote an entire blog post about this turtleneck that you can find, here. It's under $20 and soft pima cotton. A basic I reach for all of the time in the fall/winter! 

Scalloped Bath Towels// We had Weezie bath towels as our main towels and they had been showing some wear after using them exclusively for the past 4 ish years! So, I replaced them with these scalloped bath towels and just love them. They are so high quality and have a nice loftiness to them without being overly bulky to wash. I got them monogrammed locally and they are so pretty! 

Nude Slip// I randomly picked up this slip when I was in Target back in August. It is under $20 and a simple basic that you don't know you need until you need it! Some of the slips I was looking at online were upwards of $100 and I just could not bring myself to spend so much on an undergarment like that! So Target for the win! This is nice enough and it does its job! 

Cardigan// I waffled back and forth on whether or not I should include this cardigan in the list because it has been sold out for the last few weeks!!! It's crazy because it's a J.Crew new arrival and it came in 4 colors. I could not believe how quickly it sold out but I do think it's because it is THAT good. I love it. It runs big. I got a size small ad would have exchanged it but when I went back to check sizes, they were all sold out! So, if given the chance to snag another one in the future, I would size down to xs! The quality is top-notch and feels like wearing a sweatshirt but looks so polished. You could easily wear it if you work in a business casual environment! I keep an eye out on it to see if it ever comes back in stock so I will share if it does! 

Tennis Shoes// I just replaced my old Pegasus sneakers with a new pair. Ironically I burned my foot and now can't work out until the burn wound heals. BUT, these are my go-to workout sneakers. I wear them to row, to go to Orange Theory, on long walks, etc. They're sturdy enough for plyometric movements and cushioned enough for running. Can't wait until I can wear them again!!!! 

Silver Polish// This is my go-to silver polish and I'm amazed it has never made a 'best of' list!!! I've been using it for years and know about it because my mom had been using it forever before that! It's a cream that you apply with a little foam sponge and it shines my silver like no other. Plus, it doesn't have an awful smell like some silver polishes tend to have! 

Dress// I was just introduced to the Oliphant brand this year and I love their pieces. They are high quality, unique, and colorful. I have worn the dress above in the collage so many times after only having it for a little over a month. Every single time I have worn it, I have received compliments on it. It's just one of those brands that really stand out that you don't see a ton of people at a singular event wearing! My parents are headed to Bermuda soon and my mom has already claimed the dress to take to Bermuda with her!! You can use code SYDNEY15 for 15% off. The code expires 10/22!


Past Monthly Favorites:
April 
May 
June 
July

2 comments:

Kristin Hackett said...

I would love to see past favorites that are still all time favorites- maybe as a separate post? Especially if they're still available!

Kelly said...

I think you should do both -- a top ten list specifically from 2022 but have some honorable mentions of timeless favorites of any you would've included!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure