Monday, November 15, 2010

These boots were made for walkin'


The western shop in Pittsburgh where I found my boots! 
When deciding to travel 5 hours south for college, I thought I was in the 'deep' south. Being the northerner that I am, little did I know, I barely made it past the Mason Dixon line. Of course, I'm no stranger to the south; our family has a lake home in Georgia, and the tiny town it is located in is most definitely the deep south. Not to mention I've traveled all over the south for some fun in the sun. I will always be a northerner at heart and love Pittsburgh with all 5'6" of me. However, I see why everyone says 'the south will rise again'.  My whole point of expressing my somewhat new found love for the south is because I just got my first pair of cowboy boots. I will give all of my southern readers a moment to gasp... yes I am 20 years old and have gone all 20 years without cowboy boots. I'm actually not really sure how I survived all 20 years without boots, to be honest. They just make sense. So without further adieu, here are my beauties:
Sorry for the poor quality of the picture, this was a BlackBerry mobile upload. I love them. I decided to start slow and got the most traditional pair I could find. They are a natural tan color, 100% leather (even the soles!) with the classic stitching. They have a perfect beveled heel, a little bit of a snipped toe, and they are the perfect calf height. I wear them with pants, skirts, dresses, and everything in between. Not to mention, with heavy socks, they keep my feet nice and warm. My next purchase I have decided I'm going to go a little "exotic" and I'm going to get a cool skin or a fun colored pair! Do you have cowboy boots? Do you love them!? Have a fabulous day!
Yours,
sCe

5 comments:

Classy from North to South said...

I wear my boots a lot. They go with everything from something a little dressy to casual. I'm happy that you bought a pair! Welcome to the world of Western Boots!

AtlYankeeBelle said...

I love my boots. They are just so cute, but sadly they are not office attire so they are living in the back of my closet :(

Anonymous said...

I haven't even gotten cowboy boots and I'm 26. I've always wanted a pair, and in NC, every girl my age (okay, not EVERY girl my age) has got a pair!!!

Hilary said...

Love the boots! I think i've gone through about 10 pair since I was about 5 - you'll catch up!

I live in a VERY small town in Georgia on the lake, so when I read this post, it made me wonder if you vacationed in my hometown! You should do a post with pictures of the location...and see if we've ever crossed paths! It's such a small world!

Digitally Delightful said...

I Love Love Love wearing all my boots! Charlie One Horse, Ariat and Lucchese are my favorite brands. Hope you enjoy : )

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure