Thursday, January 5, 2012

An Updated Wardrobe: Statement Earrings


With my college graduation just 4 months away, in the wardrobe department of my life I have been focusing on updating. I find myself sporting less bows and a much more sophisticated overall look. I own a lot of business appropriate outfits because I actually enjoy that type of structured, conservative style so I have been adding some jewelry pieces and other accessories that pair well with business-y type outfits. Some things I have been noticing is that I am a little more willing to ditch my pearl earrings for some statement studs. For example, on New Years Eve, I was dead set on wearing my usual pearl studs, however, the dress needed something more. I decided to go with bold gold dangle earrings. Needless to say I've started to collect some pretty earrings for the very short time I'm willing to part with my everyday pearls. These are some statement earrings that aren't too wild or over the top but pair great with a little black dress. 
6 
Okay, Okay, so maybe these are a little out of my price range. But oh boy are they gorgeous.
These are just too fun, I had to include them! 

Have you tried to part with your pearl studs?
Have a fabulous day! 
Yours, 
sCe

15 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

I have been wearing a lot of fornash earrings lately!

Kelly said...

I love those sea horse studs! Too cute :D I always hesitate to put in something other than pearls - I used to wear funky earrings all the time, but now the pearls are the only studs I own! If I switch out my pearls, I wear dangle earrings

gulf coast teacher said...

I statement earrings are always the easiest way to spruce up an outfit!! When I'm not wearing my pearl studs, I always go to my different Kate Spade earrings, they are always a shop-stopper.

Katie
charlestondreams@blogspot.com

Wine and Summer said...

Love the seahorse earrings! They are so cute!

Missy Minicucci | The Rinfret Group said...

oh my gosh i ADORE all of these earrings! thanks for sharing!

Portuguese Prepster said...

love each and every pair! I really need to cut down on wearing bows, one day at a time haha!

Charlotte said...

I can't part with my pearl studs. I LOVE those pearl and gold ones... maybe I will have to look into those! Cute!

sSe said...

Although I love my pearl studs, I have been moving more and more towards my silver knots and balls lately. But no matter my changing styles in earrings I will never surrender my headbands!

Grace said...

Those are so pretty! I love that type of pearl.

Emily said...

I love all of your picks! I have been ditching my pearls lately too for a little more "pizazz" & I think I kinda like it ;) Although if I can't wear pearls I revert back to my silver balls. They're such good basics you always go running back!

dWa said...

I did but only for my pearl cluster ones! Cute choices!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

My favorite pair is #2!! I have so much fun wearing statement earrings!

Ashley said...

I got a pair of earrings very similar to the first pair you posted from Kate Spade and I love them! A great update of the classic pearls

a said...

I love my pearls, but i've been leaning towards sliver hoops lately. However, i wil always go back to my pearls; we're like P&J sandwiches.

Thanks for following me :)

Lily @ Life, Love, and Cupcakes said...

I usually just stick with my pearl studs, but I found a really fun pair of gold starfish earrings at the jcrew factory store the other day and am excited to mix it up a little bit!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure