Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Day in the Life

I've never really done a daily routine post, but I love reading other bloggers so I thought I'd do one myself. I'm a total creature of habit. I like a schedule and I like to stick to it, but truly, with my sometimes crazy work schedule and spending time with friends/family, everyday is different from the next. 
6:50am First alarm goes off
7:00am Second Alarm goes off (it takes all sorts of self control not to hit snooze). Sometimes I use this app.
7:30am brush teeth, wash face, apply makeup, run a brush through my hair (I shower/blowdry/style my hair the night before), grab coffee and lunch/snacks and get into car. I am quick in the mornings! 
7:30am-8:30am Spent in the car driving to work and rocking out to my latest playlist/sipping coffee (without traffic, the drive into the city would be 15 minutes) Sometimes I stop at Starbucks
8:30am-5:00pm Spent at work which consists of lots of e-mailing, phone calls, Pinterest, Facebook, planning, scheduling, meetings, blogging, etc. Sometimes I work until 5pm, sometimes I work until 8pm/10pm/midnight... it just depends on the day. 
5:00pm-6:00pm Another lovely hour spent in the car either catching up on phone calls (hands free!!) or rocking out to another playlist. Or sometimes, I pop into J. Crew/Sephora/ Target etc. near my office. 
6:00pm-7:00pm Dinner (or happy hour with friends. For happy hour, I love Steel Cactus, Sienna, Il Pizzaiolo, Six Penn Kitchen, BRGR, Soba, Mad Mex, The Beer Market, Penn Ave. Fish Co. NOLA, etc.) 

(my idea of snacks)
7:00pm-8:00pm Getting ready for the next day (presetting the coffee, packing snacks/lunch, showering & blowdrying, picking out my outfit, ironing, etc.) and taking blog photos if needed. Or... I'm still at happy hour. 

8:00pm-10:00pm, sometimes 12:00am All things blog related: e-mails, scheduling posts, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.

10:00pm-11:00pm, sometimes 12:00am Still blogging or catching up on a favorite show/online shopping/reading a book or magazine/reading blogs/time for sleep! 

Then I do it all over again the next day. Never a dull day, that's for sure. Have a fabulous day! 

Yours, 

9 comments:

Lauren said...

I love this post, thanks for sharing your schedule! I also love all the pictures you included in this post!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

PinkSenshi said...

I love reading daily schedules too! Sounds like you have pretty busy days!

Hunter
www.preponabudget.com

Lindsay said...

I wish I could be ready in 30 minutes in the morning! I shower/do my hair at night and I somehow STILL need an hour to get ready.

Shotgunsandpearls said...

Obsessed with your monogram drink glasses :)
www.shotgunsandpearls.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love this post - I wish I could be ready that quickly! What do you work as?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FourSistersBlog said...

Diet Coke is totally my idea of a snack, too. Most days I could just use an IV of DC. Good to know I'm not the only one!

-R

Anonymous said...

What kind of job do you have?

My Life as A Plate said...

I frequent so many of the same places for happy hour / dinner I am surprised we haven't run into each other!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure