Friday, May 22, 2015

Memorial Day 2015: Sale Roundup

This image is from last Memorial Day weekend when my friend Eugenia was home for the weekend and we enjoyed champagne by her pool! 

This holiday weekend, I took off today from work and plan to get a lot done during the day, and then at night, I have a rehearsal dinner for TEDxPittsburgh! The Ted talks are the next day so I will be super busy on Saturday but am very excited. Everyone has been working so hard on making this happen for months and months. It's the first board I've been on as an 'adult'. It's amazing to see so many creative and talented people come together... not to mention, everyone has full time jobs on top of this commitment!  If you are in the Pittsburgh area and want to attend, you can buy tickets, here
Sunday and Monday I plan on going to our club and catching up with friends and family. I'm hoping I'll be able to spend time by the pool and get a start on my tan and also be able to catch up on some sleep! 

Monday night I am so excited to be enjoying a staycation thanks to the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh! I have never stayed before, but am staying three nights to check out everything it has to offer. I've heard such great things about the hotel! I'm also super pumped that it's only a few blocks from my office so I'll get to walk to work each day! Follow along with me on Snapchat and Instagram to see my weekend adventures: SummerWind41490.
Besides my concrete plans, I definitely plan on doing some online shopping. As we are entering into the holiday weekend (woo!), we are greeted by tons of sales (double woo!). Like I have mentioned in previous blog posts, I'm working hard on transitioning my closet full of preppy resortwear to more practical staples for a 20-something professional. I still want to stay true to my style, but just want to update it a bit! 

Here's the shortlist:
Amazon// Talbots// Nordstrom// Club Monaco 
Lilly Pulitzer // Banana Republic// Ralph Lauren
Revolve// Equipment // Boden
Saks// Anthropologie// J. Crew// Ann Taylor

And here's the wordy list:
Right now, Amazon is offering 20% off on 'fashion' products by using the code FUN20SUN. I usually don't buy clothes/shoes on Amazon as Nordstrom is my go-to, but 20% is a major bonus and enough to get me to convert to Amazon for a weekend (umm hellooo glitter bow flip flops... perfect as pool sandals!). I'm specifically looking at a lot of their travel/luggage pieces as I have a few weeks in Europe in the planning stages for spring 2016 (I'm thinking this foldable duffel may come in handy)!
Talbots, a personal favorite of mine is offering an extra 40% off of one item and 50% off two or more items. These prices honestly cannot be beat. I'm obsessed with these suede tassel shoes

Nordstrom is also having their Half Yearly Sale which extends through 5/31. You can see up to 40% markdowns, so it's worth checking it out.. but remember not to splurge too much because the Anniversary sale is coming soon (July!). I think that these Hunter boots are a great deal, I really like these Kate Spade wedges in pink and these neutral wedges would be a great summer shoe staple. 
Club Monaco is offering an extra 30% off sale and clearance. Club Monaco is the best. I just ordered this cozy cashmere sweater and am awaiting its arrival! 

Lilly Pulitzer, a personal favorite, has a ton of new arrivals. This weekend, they will have a free gift with purchase promotion. I really want this in the new sky blue print! 
Banana Republic is offering 40% off full priced items using code BRSUMMER. Banana Republic has quickly become one of my favorites to frequent. Marissa Webb has done wonders for the company! I would like this easy breezy dress and this simple silk tunic

Ralph Lauren is offering up to 55% off. I want it all. RL never disappoints. 

Revolve is up to 75% off. For me, Revolve is a black hole. I try to limit my browsing on this site because I always end up buying something! They have everything. 

Equipment is 20% off. I usually don't buy directly from their site, but they are offering an extra 20% their sale items which they don't usually do! I love the powder pink and amparo blue colors of this blouse

Boden is 30% of your purchase as well as free shipping on orders over $49. I wish this came in adult sizes because it's the cutest!!! 

Saks is up to 55% off. Saks always has some really nice sales. I usually shop Saks off season and score some great deals. This Roberta Roller Rabbit pareo is under $50. Winning.

20% off sale at Anthropologie. I used to not be a big Anthro shopper, but in the past year or so, I have found so many things I love (like this skirt).

25% off at J.Crew with code SUMMERLOVE. 

Ann Taylor is offering 40% off your entire purchase. This sweater from this post is totally worth it. 
 

While getting a day off of work, shopping sales and enjoying the sun is all fabulous, it is also important to remember why this weekend is a holiday. It's to pay homage to those who have died while serving in our country's armed forces. It's because of them that we can enjoy our long weekend safely in this country!
Yours, 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Great sales!

Thanks for the heads up!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure