Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2015: Tips and Tricks of the Trade


Tips for shopping the 2015 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

If you're not sure what the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is, then listen up! It's a once yearly sale period when Nordstrom places items for fall on sale. They are only on sale for a short period of time and once the sale ends, they go back to their full price.

Early access starts on July 9th (ahem, tomorrow) for those with Nordstrom cards and runs through the 16th. Then, on the 17th, the sale opens up to everyone. You can preview the sale via their catalog or this great video.

If you are not a Nordstrom card holder, then you will be able to shop the pieces with the sale pricing on July 18th. It's definitely Nordstrom's way of trying to get you to open up a card but it may be worth it to you if you frequent Nordstrom and because there are some really great deals!


Here are my tips for a successful #NSale:
  • Shop early because the sizes sell out pretty quickly-- I remember pieces like the Tory Burch riding boots sold out quickly in popular sizes because they were around $200 off! 
  • Take note that many of the items are specifically made for this sale-- be wary of quality because I have found on some pieces, the quality is not as good as it would be if it were not made for the sale.
  • Don't second guess. If you think you might like it, buy it. Nordstrom is incredible about returns and customer service, so the great thing is, you can buy everything you want and when it arrives you can try it all on and decide what to keep from there. I especially like to do this for this sale because I often will think to myself 'darn I wish I would have ordered that ___' and by the time I think that, my size is sold out or the sale is over and I end up paying full price. 
  • Shop Online. The store goes nuts during the first few days and it's often picked over. Online shopping is my favorite and that way, you can ensure you get what you want! 
  • Shoes and coats are where you usually save the most, so if you are in need of a new coat or shoes, go for it because this is usually where you see the most savings. 
  • If you are a cashmere hog like me, I saw a few pieces for under $100. Whenever I see cashmere under $100, it's usually a no-brainer for me! 
My favorite thing about the Nordstrom sale is that since most sale consists of fall items, it's so fun to put the items away and then pull them out again when the weather starts getting chilly. It's a fun surprise when you're reminded you have a great new coat or new pair of shoes to wear this fall! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure