Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Wearing White After Labor Day

white jeans after labor day






If you are like me and choose to break the rules and wear white after Labor Day, then this post is for you. This is a super simple outfit to bring your whites into cooler weather. 

From around May to October, this is an outfit  you'd often see me in. However, I would usually be pairing the outfit with Jack Rogers, rather than these heels. I think the heels and bag bring it to more of a fall feel. 

If you follow me on Snapchat (SummerWind41490), then you'll know I was majorly 'iffy' on these shoes. I know they've been a big trend in the past year or two. Honestly, at first I really disliked them. I have a hard time getting into most trends. However, they grew on me to the point I wanted to try them out. 

I take my mom's opinion very seriously, so when I opened the box and she said the only word she would use to describe them is 'ugly', I immediately became unsure. This time, though, I discounted her opinion and have been wearing them so much. I typically only go for the classics, but every once in a while, I'll go out of my comfort zone. Because these are neutral and almost unassuming, I felt that they weren't too huge of a risk. They're very comfortable and go with a lot. I also think they lengthen my legs in certain outfits-- a big plus! 



As it gets even cooler, I'll add a sweater and then a vest for a cute layered look. You can scroll through above to see what layering pieces I am loving for this season (I am dying over this buffalo check vest!)! I'm thinking I'll have to ditch the shoes come November and then be able to bring them back out in April! 

The oxford shirt is a must in a guy or a girl's closet. I have one in every color and several of the same just because I wear them that much. They're a casual classic and go with pretty much everything. Not to mention they are seasonless! They run true to size, but sometimes I like to order the men's size for a boyfriend fit... a boy's XL also gives  a nice boyfriend fit and the length is almost tunic-like! In the photos above, I am wearing a women's size 4. Have a fabulous day! 

5 comments:

Emily said...

The heels are perfection and definitely make this look fall appropriate - and if my legs looked that fab in white jeans I'd be wearing them all year long!

Heather A. said...

Love how you've styled those shoes! I recently got a similar pair and, like you, I'm usually into very classic styles but I think they're a fun shoe for fall since they're sort of a mix of sandal/bootie!

Lauren said...

I love the fact that white is now acceptable all year round! i agree - I think the bag and heels definitely bring a fall vibe to your outfit!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Unknown said...

Love the tote and the shoes! I was iffy about those too, but they are growing on me too. I wore something pretty similar the other day, just with a blazer and big chunky pearls. #Twins.

Cynthia
www.darlingdownsouth.com

Erin said...

Rock white any time of the year! you look great!

Her Heartland Soul
http://herheartlandsoul.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure