Saturday, November 21, 2015

Dressing For the Holidays: A More Casual Outfit








Tassel Top c/o// Necklace c/o// Sunglasses
Leather Leggings (extra 30% off sale price)

Happy Saturday everyone! Today's post is all about how to wear a party look without wearing a skirt or dress. During the holidays, I attend a lot of parties and events that require a dress or skirt as I am sure you all do, too! However, there are many evens that don't require getting super dressed up around the holiday season and truly, I think those are the harder types to dress for! I teamed up with Tuckernuck, one of my favorite online boutiques to create the perfect party outfit for the holiday season! 

Since Wednesday, the night before Thanksgiving, is a big party night, this is exactly what I will be wearing out. It's great for dinner with family (when wearing the gorgeous cashmere wrap), then having drinks and going out with your friends you haven't seen in a while. I also have a friend's wine tasting event in December and this outfit will be my go-to for that! 

The pants I am wearing are faux leather leggings. If you've been reading Summer Wind for a while, then you know I'm not trendy or daring when it comes to fashion. I like to keep things simple and classic. These leggings go against most of my wardrobe, but you know what? I get so much wear out of them. I love how they pair with cashmere tunics and flats for an elevated casual look, but also love them for going to to bars with girlfriends (especially when paired with a fun top like in the above outfit)! Currently, they are under $100 on sale, but you also get an extra 30% off (use code EXTRATHIRTY). I am wearing a size 2 in the leggings. Oh and they're also super thick-- so you can easily get away with wear them as pants! 

I own a lot of cashmere scarves and wraps. Some women like to collect shoes, but for me, it is without a doubt, cashmere. This cashmere wrap is the softest, largest and highest quality wrap I've ever come across. I am wearing it as a wrap in the above photo but you can see me wearing it as a scarf here. I also take it on flights to use as a shawl/blanket! It's pretty thick which is great for warmth, but also still drapes elegantly and effortlessly. This would make for the ultimate Christmas gift for anyone on your list. 

Speaking of Christmas gifts, the tortoise clutch and initial necklace would also make wonderful Christmas presents for the girl with classic style. The tortoise clutch literally goes with everything and I love that you can dress it up and down. You can see the clutch in this post where I am wearing it with a much dressier outfit. Surprisingly, it easily fits my iPhone 6, lip gloss, gum, my mini hair brush, wallet and touch up powder. The initial necklace is a fun addition to any outfit and the personalization makes it special!

What will you be wearing Wednesday night before Thanksgiving? Have a fabulous day and thanks to Dapper Professional for the photos! 

7 comments:

Poshnessary said...

ahh ... so cute! lovely top
http://poshnessary.com

Jasmine Riel said...

What an awesome outfit! You are rocking those leather leggings, girl!

Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

Caroline said...

You look SO good in this post! I love the white tassel contrast on the black leather leggings. So cute!
xo
Caroline

Unknown said...

You pulled it off flawlessly! Great work!

Unknown said...

You pulled this off flawlessly, great post and style!

Unknown said...

This look is so chic! I love it so much!!

xx Kathryn
www.chicandshimmer.com

Unknown said...

Love your blog and Instagram all the way from Toronto, Canada.
What nail polish do you wear in most of your photos? It's a lovely red!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure