Monday, May 23, 2016

A Night in Pittsburgh: Tako and The Andy Warhol Museum

The Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Silver Clouds The Andy Warhol Museum

Ralph Lauren Cashmere Cable knit and Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 and Emy Mack Pumps

Carolina Herrera by Andy Warhol

Things to do in Pittsburgh? Go to the Andy Warhol Museum
What I Wore:

Today I am highlighting 2 Pittsburgh gems: The Andy Warhol Museum and Tako. One Friday night, we headed to The Andy Warhol Museum. On the weekends, they have a bar in the lobby, which is a major plus. It has been very cold in Pittsburgh lately, so a cashmere cable knit and my new suede jacket (on sale!!) was the perfect combo--- chic and updated but also classic at the same time! I also wore my Emy Mack pumps, which were not only gorgeous but plenty comfortable for walking all around the museum!

Andy Warhol hails from Pittsburgh and all around the city, there are references to Andy Warhol and his life, but the biggest and most interesting (in my opinion) is the Andy Warhol Museum on the North Shore. It's several floors of original artwork. From his iconic pop art pieces like that of Jackie O and the Campbell soup cans to drawings he did while he was a young child, you can see it all at the Warhol. 

It's a great place for those visiting the city as well as any art buff! My favorite installation is the silver cloud room which has floating silver balloons and I also love this pop art creation of Carolina Herrera! 

Tako Pittsburgh Cocktail Menu

Tako Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Tako Queso Fundido Pittsburgh

Tako Korean BBQ Tacos in Pittsburgh PA
Post-Warhol, we headed to Tako. Tako is a taqueria  based around Mexican Street Food.. but personally, I think the menu seemed to have an Asian influence on 6th Street downtown (right next to Butcher and the Rye). I don't say this lightly when I say it's my newest favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh. The atmosphere is trendy and eclectic (and dark, which explains the poor lighting in my photos, sorry!). It's small inside, which explains why you have to call months in advance for a reservation... but it is so so so worth it. 

The guacamole with tuna (trust me on this) is the best thing I've ever had. Their queso fundido (pictured above) is also the best queso I've ever had and same with the Korean tacos (pictured above). I actually probably would have never ordered the Korean tacos but the waiter had said they were they best and he wasn't kidding! The drink menu is as eclectic as the atmosphere. I definitely suggest trying out one of their concoctions! All-in-all, if you are in Pittsburgh or visiting, I highly recommend Tako! 

1 comment:

Sarah Wissinger said...

I'm surprised you were able to snap those photos in the Warhol! I've always gotten yelled at immediately, haha.

Sarah
www.thesurznickcommonroom.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure