Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Happy 70th Birthday, Talbots!


Look Two:
Bow Booties
Shop the Looks:
It's time to grab some balloons and light the candles because one of my absolute favorite brands, Talbots, is celebrating their 70th birthday

I know Talbots has been in my family for just as long. My grammie loves Talbots, she passed it down to my aunt and mom, and now my mom has passed it down to me. We love the brand and have been shopping there since I can remember! My grammie and mom used to dress me in Talbots Kids, I eventually worked at Talbots Kids in high school and even wore a Talbots cocktail dress to Snowball my sophomore year of high school. Now, we all continue to rock Talbots to this day! 

To celebrate, Talbots has launched 7 iconic pieces to celebrate each decade in Talbots history. The pieces are:


Each piece is definitely a classic that was as popular then as it is now! Today I am styling the iconic cable sweater inspired by the 1970's. I've always been inspired by decades in the past...sometimes I even feel like I was meant to live in the past. I love watching documentaries from years gone by and learning about different things that shaped each decade. I also love love love watching old movies and TV shows- one of my all-time favorites being Bewitched. 

Although I was not born in the 1970's, I definitely appreciate a lot from that time period. I think the thing that sticks out the most for me, though, is the Pittsburgh Steelers. The 70's were a shining time for the Steelers- they had the Steel Curtain, with notable players such as Joe Greene, Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, Jack Lambert, and so many more. They also won 3 Super Bowls in the 1970's, and one of the most famous plays in NFL history was made by Franco Harris in 1972: the immaculate reception. 

Besides sports, the 70's brought you Happy Days, The Godfather, Jaws, Carole King, Elton John's Bennie and the Jets, Tube Socks, Mood rings, Lauren Hutton, Farrah Fawcett's Hair, and so much more. 

Two films that I absolutely love and which gave me inspiration for the outfit, come from Annie Hall and Love Story. Two incredible films. I've always admired Ali MacGraw's style from Love Story. I draw such inspiration from her casual, preppy outfits. And Diane Keaton is one of my favorite actresses ever- her performance in Annie Hall, along with her menswear-inspired wardrobe is just too good.

Fortunately, this sweater is not made from polyester, a popular fabric from the 1970's. Instead it's made from the softest, coziest mix of wool and nylon (you can tell the nylon is amazing and really helps the sweater to hold its shape). The burgundy jeans are amazing... they suck you in at all the right places- they are high waisted and super comfortable. I have long been a fan of their jeggings and this burgundy color really looks great!  

Shop the Collection:

3 comments:

Casey said...

The first picture is beautiful, and burgundy is such a great color for you!

Laura Baker Busic said...

Burgundy is my FAVORITE, I'm loving it with cognac!

Emily said...

I was a Talbots Kids kid too! In addition to my mom and grandma being life long fans of the brand I remember how much my dad LOVED Talbots Mens. He was so bummed when they closed, because they made his favorite ties! You embody their modern, classic style here!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure