Monday, October 30, 2017

A Wardrobe Staple


ralph lauren knit cotton oxford shirt



classic wardrobe staples

ralph lauren knit oxford shirt

gh bass weejuns penny loafers
Knit Oxford Shirt (under $100)// Jeans

Today I'm sharing a shirt that I just recently picked up. It looks pretty boring, right? Just your average white button-down oxford shirt? BUT, it's not... it's the BEST of both worlds because this white shirt looks like a crisp button-down but is actually made of soft cotton (like a t-shirt). 

I love the breathability of the fabric and the way it looks very polished but at the same time, you truly feel like you are wearing a very casual t-shirt. It comes in several colors and also a striped option. I actually don't think I would have ever ordered it from just seeing it online because I dont't really think photos do it justice. But I was shopping in person (which is a rarity these days for me) and as soon as I felt the fabric, I knew I had to try it on! I think it is such a good piece for layering because it's less stiff and the fabric is a bit thinner (but not cheap-feeling at all, though). 

As for sizing, I think it runs a bit snugger than the classic oxford cloth button down- specifically in the upper arms. I would suggest going one size up from your typical size. 

I personally love a plain white shirt with jeans and cognac accessories like these amazingly gorgeous loafers and this suede bag (it's unfortunately sold out!). 

Besides the classic shirt, these loafers are about as classic as you can get. I got them in the rich cognac shade, but they come in twelve other colors. They are impeccably made and such high quality- especially for the price. Not to mention they are beyond comfortable. They are a shoe that will last you forever.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure