Friday, November 3, 2017

Christmas Card Outfit






 

Cashmere Sweater (under $100, comes in more colors)// Blush Skirt
Suede Pumps (similar)// Chanel Bag (similar)
Lip Color (in 200 night berry)// Sunglasses
Shop the Look:

Every year, my family sends out a Christmas card. I love that my mom keeps the cards in a big Christmas basket so we can check them out. It's also fun to look at old Christmas cards and see how everyone changes over the years. Callie and I always try to match, which admittedly is a bit cheesy, but we also love it, too.

The past few years, I have also sent holiday cards to fellow bloggers and those I work with behind the scenes. I love doing this. I think there is nothing better than a card in the mail! So, this year, I decided that I'd love to send you a card, too! 

I wish I could send one to each and every one of you, but I'm pretty sure my hand might fall off if I tried to write to everyone! So, if you'd like to receive a holiday card from me, please submit your address, here. I will send out a card to the first 100! Your address will be kept private and will only be seen by me and used only for the purpose of sending out a holiday card this year. 

The outfit I am wearing is what I wanted to wear for my holiday card! I wanted to forgo the traditional red and green and go with colors that matched my new branding. I've actually never used a photo of just myself on a card... I feel kind of silly doing so, but I am the face of this blog and I share photos of myself in outfits all the time, so at the same time, it felt right.... plus with the design I chose, I had to use a photo, ha! I'm also really proud of myself in that the cards are ordered and my list is in place. So when they get here, I'll definitely be able to have them out in a timely manner!

As a side note- I was really worried my Paris trip would be making me more stressed out in terms of holiday content/blog work and also being able to spend time with my family over Thanksgiving, but I really think it has made me work a lot harder and get much more organized, and sooner, too! Funny how things work out like that, right?

This skirt is something that immediately caught my eye. I love love love midi skirts and a blush silk organza? Sold. This is something you can definitely dress up for more formal events, however, I chose to dress it down with this cashmere sweater. It's under $100, which is a steal for a classic cashmere sweater and the quality is really nice. In years past, J.Crew's cashmere has been thin or itchy, but I think they have improved this year. It's still not the most wonderful cashmere sweater in the world, but for $98, it does the trick!

Do you have a holiday card tradition with your family? Have you ordered your cards yet?! We are taking our family photo over Thanksgiving when Callie will be home. We were texting this week about what to wear and Callie suggested we wear ALL denim, hahaha!!

But really, my biggest tip when it comes to family photos is to color coordinate. You don't have to match, but if someone is in hot pink and another person in bright orange and another in red, it's not going to mesh well. I always find neutrals look best and really make the person stand out!

5 comments:

Laura Baker Busic said...

What a cool idea! I'm SO excited to see the card!

Casey said...

I purchased my Christmas cards during a Labor Day sale at Half Price Books. I don't do photo cards. I'm single and have no pets. Doing a photo card would seem.....egotistical.

3 Peanuts said...

Absolutely gorgeous outfit. I love it. And I actually have very similar pieces...you have inspired me to wear them together:)

Lexy said...

So sad already full! Is there a general Mailbox we could send YOU a card!?

Ann@Virginiarosa said...

Love the gorgeous outfit!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure