Thursday, December 7, 2017

Lately 12/7/2017





This weekend I headed to DC to visit one of my best friends! On the way down, I had noticed on Instagram that one of my favorite brands, Herend, was having a warehouse sale for one day only. I got really excited and made the executive decision to make a pit stop in Sterling, VA to check it out. Needless to say, I was not disappointed and picked up some really great pieces. The sale happens each year and I am pretty sure it's not very publicised because I couldn't find much about it online. But if you are in the area, it's worth going to. The prices are definitely discounted and they had a great selection.

DC was so much fun. I love visiting and we went to some of the classics like Clyde's in Georgetown and El Centro for dinner. We went to a new-to-me place for brunch on Sunday, called Lyon Hall. It is in Arlington and it was so cute and delicious. It had a great French flare and the homemade donuts were amazing!

This week was pretty easy. I had a few meetings and a holiday party. This weekend, I have some fun dinner plans, but other than that, I'm going to try and take it easy before I head to Martha's Vineyard next week!

Wearing: I wore this J.Crew sweater to DC and it's seriously one of my new favorites. It's a classic fisherman-style sweater but the added slit on the side adds something fun to it. It runs really big so I suggest sizing down at least one size.

Eating: I've talked a bit about Hello Fresh in the past, but I've been using it a lot lately. I've honestly gotten annoyed in the past because sometimes the boxes show up late and sometimes they are missing key ingredients. Every time I call, though, they correct it in some way to make me satisfied. I will say, though, it's made cooking healthy meals around the holiday season very easy. I also love that it cuts down my grocery bill immensely. I pay way too much for groceries just for one person- I am not good at grocery shopping so anything to keep me out of grocery stores is a very good thing. I think a Hello Fresh subscription would make a really great holiday gift for someone that is just learning to cook or doesn't have a lot of time on their hands! 

Reading: Goop's list of holiday gifts is out and you're definitely going to want to check it out. It's as ridiculous as ever, but I love it. 

Sale-ing: This RueLaLa sale has seemingly everything for everyone. From standard basics to luxury items, it is definitely worth checking out!

Watching:
 Does anyone else watch The Crown on Netflix? I LOVED it. I'm not super into the monarchy or anything like that but this show is so well done, it's worth watching if you haven't seen season 1 yet. Season two comes out tomorrow, I can't wait!! 

Listening: I started a December playlist, and although there aren't many songs on it, it is starting off pretty good! 

Look for Less: I've mentioned on here how obsessed I am with these shoes. Well, I found a very similar pair for a fraction of the price. They are still gorgeous and I'm now totally wanting them! These are also on sale, and while they're still pretty pricey, they're also a great alternative, too!

Wanting: Lots of great things on my radar this week. I don't know if it is becuase I've been behind my computer a lot or just because I've noticed some really great new items that brands have released. Either way, I'm loving everything above! 

Pittsburgh-ing: You guys if you live in Pittsburgh, then you're going to realize how amazing this news is... Target may be looking for space downtown!!! I don't want to get my hopes up, but Target if you are listening, DO IT!! 

Smelling: This week, Anderson Lilley sent me an incredible forest pine scented candle. I had never heard of the brand before but am a new fan. The candle itself is beautiful as is the packaging (and it comes with matches!). 

Traveling: Next up, I am headed to Martha's Vineyard next week for one of my best friend's wedding. I am so excited for Aly and Will, but also to check out MV in the winter and all decked out for Christmas! 

Quoting: 'When you do something beautiful and nobody notices, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps.'- John Lennon // See more of my favorites, here. 

3 comments:

Shannon said...

John Lennon <3
Just love your blog!

Lauren said...

I just ordered that J. Crew Sweater monday and I can't wait to get it! Also, that pasta looks delicious!

Lauren,
http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

Can you post what you purchased at the Herend sale? Would love to see!

xox

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure