Thursday, June 7, 2018

Lately 6/7/2018


This past weekend, I was in Maryland visiting my big sister in my sorority! We were celebrating her daughter's 1st birthday! It was so much fun to see her and meet her daughter! The party was SO cute!

This week was refreshing- I am headed to Nantucket this weekend so I purposefully booked very little so I could put my nose to the grindstone and get everything taken care of! I cleaned the apartment, finished up lingering errands, did 6 (!!) loads of laundry, started packing, and worked ahead so I can enjoy my week on Nantucket!

There is something wonderful about leaving a clean and orderly home and then coming back to it after a trip. I don't know if any of you feel this way, but while on my trip, it makes me feel a sense of peace and getting back home to a clean and organized home is one less thing to worry about!

Henry will be staying with my parents. He loves staying there and is obsessed with my mom and dad. I feel bad I've left him two weekends in a row now, but I know he is very happy and in great hands.

Wearing: I got a very pretty package last night... can you guess what is inside?!

Reading: I loved reading this article about the illusive Instagram algorithm! Finally, Instagram gives the public some insight! Basically, if you want an account/image to pop up in your feed, it's important to like and comment! 

Listening: I've started June's playlist and while there are only 4 songs right now, they're all VERY good. This Africa cover is SO fun... I definitely recommend watching the video on Youtube. It's fun and you can see how talented Peter is! 

Loving: This men's sweater is SO cool. I ordered it for myself this week and fingers crossed it works out! I'll keep you posted... would be absolutely perfect for the 4th of July!

Loving II: This dress is SO cute. It reminds me of classic, old-school Lilly Pulitzer and I love it!

Loving III: I have found a stuffed toy that Henry could not destroy in 5 minutes. Holy cow, it's a miracle! Ironically, it is from Bark Box and typically he destroys those toys in less than 5 minutes.

Wanting:
 Nars came out with a lip product to compete with my beloved Dior lip balm. I'm very intrigued, so I ordered one! I'll report back. I've honestly got to hand it to cosmetic companies because they're getting a lot of people to fork over $30 for LIP BALM. Me included, ha!

Wanting II: Another beauty related item! This Sephora travel set is AMAZING. So many great products I want to try them all! Plus it's under $50!
Pittsburgh-ing: Condado opened a few years ago and it has become one of my go-to spots. It's inexpensive, delicious and a fun place to even just go for margaritas! I wasn't the biggest fan at first but it has really grown on me. I bet I go at least once a month!

Quoting: 'Be grateful for small things, big things, and everything in between.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

3 comments:

Casey said...

The King Cobra dog toy is SOOO cute!!!

Allie said...

I’m in love with that Lilly shift too! It reminds me so much of my older classic Lilly dresses. I’m crossing my fingers it will be part of the sale! xAllie
www.theallthatglittersblog.com

Annsterw said...

I love that restaurant too! That lipstick name alone could make it a top seller-companies leave nothing to the imagination anymore! HA! Have a great week!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure