Thursday, October 11, 2018

Lately


Lip Color (in babe)

What a week and it's only Thursday! I got back from Canada late Sunday night and then got sick with a stomach bug and the day after the stomach bug I started to get a bad cold (what the heck!!). I spent two days sick and then had to hop on a plane yesterday to New York City for a very exciting project that I will share more about soon! 

Today is the photoshoot day so that will be fun and then I am meeting Katie and Carly for dinner tonight! 

Friday, I head from NYC to DC for my best friend's bachelorette party! It will be so much fun to celebrate her and enjoy time in DC. It will be 5 days of quite literally planes, trains, and automobiles! 

Finally, when I get back to Pittsburgh on Sunday night, I will have an entire week here in Pittsburgh and I've never been more excited. I thrive on a routine and do my best work seated at my desk.

Wearing: Talbots comes out with so many great cashmere pieces each year and this style, the Sabrina, is one of my favorites. It has the prettiest fold-over mock neck and a tunic length. Right now, through 10/14 you can get 30% off cashmere- this sweater is included! You can see me wearing it in black (last year), here.

Eating: Thinking about making this taco stuffed peppers recipe in the coming weeks. Sounds so easy but delicious!

Reading: I was featured in my alma mater's newspaper, The Breeze (James Madison University)! Andrea was so sweet and wrote the kindest article. It made me miss JMU!

Reading II: Loved this article from Forbes talking about 'The Contagious Charm of Pittsburgh'. 

Sale-ing: Tory Burch is having their tiered sale! Save 20% off $200, 25% off $350 or 30% off $500 with code FALL. Valid 10/10-10/15. 
Watching:

Listening: Are you a Serial podcast fan? Has anyone listened to the new season? I don't mind this new season but I'm not loving it! Do you have any good recommendations for Podcasts?

Loving: Since I travel so much, having my external hard drive sitting next to me attached to my computer is not always the best- especially if I have my computer on my lap on a plane or in the car. I found this amazing adhesive pocket on Amazon that you can put your hard drive in as you work. It's brillian! 

Wanting: I've recently become obsessed with the brand, Mango. It's a high street brand that feels very similar to Zara, but I find the quality to be even better. Pieces are fashion-forward but you can find things in neutral colors that aren't too trendy. I also just got this black dress for the bachelorette weekend. It has a current-vibe without being overly trendy! 

Smelling: Since I have been traveling so much lately, I usually just toss a perfume sample into my bag. This time, I had Diptyque's Vetyverio. My goodness does it smell wonderful. It's a little musky/manly but also has some floral notes to lighten it up. Perfect for fall.  

Traveling: NYC right now then off to DC tomorrow! Be sure to follow along on instagram

Quoting: 'Do something instead of killing time because time is killing you.'- Paulo Coelho // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure