Thursday, November 15, 2018

Lately


What. A. Week. Can I have a glass of wine, yet?! I am honestly proud of myself because I got so much work done! This time of year is just nuts for bloggers because of the holiday season (it follows a somewhat similar schedule to retail). Because of that, Thanksgiving can be a time filled with pressure and that is not what Thanksgiving is about! Soooo, I work ahead as much as I possibly can which means working 10-12 hour days (not complaining!). So I'm able to spend the time with the people I love (my sister is coming into town tomorrow for 10 days!!) and not behind my computer screen. I am thankful to have such a flexible schedule.

Tomorrow, I'm having 15 people to my apartment because it is light up night downtown (it's definitely going to be a tight squeeze in 850 sq. feet)! I'm hosting for drinks and heavy apps, so it will be lots of fun (I am going to share the entire hosting process on my instastory if you want to follow along!). Afterward, we will go see the lights and then probably out for drinks and food! Meaning- I am spending a large chunk of tonight DEEP cleaning absolutely everything and tomorrow stocking the refrigerator. I love hosting people and living downtown during this time of year is really fun and special.

My mom is also hosting family (and friend) dinners every night starting Saturday-Tuesday. I'm excited not to have to do any grocery shopping next week, ha! And excited for an excuse to wear a cute, festive outfit each evening! My mom, sister, and I are also getting mani/pedi's next week- one of our favorite things to do together! And then, next Friday it is my high school's 10-year reunion. Lots and lots of fun ahead.

It is crazy to me that Thanksgiving is just one week away. The holiday season is really upon us and I'm so excited to be in celebration mode!

Wearing: This sweatshirt is on sale for just $24. I've been behind my computer a ton lately, so I'm constantly in comfortable clothes like this sweatshirt.

Recommending: To hear of the fires out in California is heart-breaking I can't even imagine the devastation and so close to the holidays, too. This is a reputable article that includes ways we can all help those affected. I made a donation to the Humane  Society of Ventura County to help the animals displaced in the fires as well as a donation to the American Red Cross (you can specifically choose the California wildfires when you donate).

Eating: Oh my goodness, if you are a Trader Joe fan like me, you need to get their apple blossoms which are like mini, individual apple pies (in the dessert freezer section). You heat them up in the microwave and they are SO good. 

Drinking: I shared this on Instastories the other night, but I really like Tom Gore's Cabernet Sauvignon. It's really inexpensive and easy to drink but it tastes like it is much pricier! 

Sale-ing: The Sephora sale starts tomorrow for all of you who are Beauty Insider members! You can see my post with my favorites, here.

Sale-ing II: Club Monaco is offering an extra 30% off sale items (no code needed). This is the time when I tend to shop Club Monaco. Their pieces are super high quality but also have a high price tag so it is really nice when you can score pieces on major sale! 

Watching:
 I spent the weekend mostly working but did end up getting sucked into The Bodyguard on Netflix. It's a BBC series with only 6 episodes. I finished the entire series within 3 days. It's SO good. It's like Homeland in England and has an interesting twist in the last episode. Definitely worth the watch and easy to binge! 

Listening: I'm pretty old-school when it comes to Christmas music, however, I just love Leslie Odom Jr.'s Christmas album! My two favorites are 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' and 'The Christmas Song'. His voice is so calming and soothing. 


Loving: Did you guys see this floating around the internet/social media? I thought it was hilarious so I texted my mom and her responses had me crying laughing. I have zero skill when it comes to cooking and also don't really have much interest in cooking or baking. So clearly this question did not phase my mom at all, ha!!! 

Wanting: I haven't really been wanting but I have been scouting gifts for everyone on my list and to share with all of you. So here are some things lately! And if you haven't yet seen, I've already published a few gift guides and there are many more to come! Gift Guides live right now: PajamasThe best at SephoraStocking Stuffers. Coming soon: holiday dresses, gifts for the pup, gifts for the coworker, under $100... and more! 

Pittsburgh-ing: Light Up Night is tomorrow night. Who else is excited? You can see all of the events and a map of events, here

Smelling: Did you guys hear that Aldi is now selling candles that are basically $7 versions of $65 Jo Malone candles? I don't shop at Aldi often, but I'm going to check it out! I love Jo Malone candles and apparently these smell exactly the same. I'll report back! 

Traveling: My next trip is to New York City with my family in two weeks! Right after that, I am headed straight from New York to Florida! 

Quoting: 'Your life isn't yours if you constantly care what others think.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in Florida!?

Shannon

Unknown said...

I watched Bodyguard as well and thought it was great! Wanted to mention that my husband liked it too which is hard to find these days : )

Sharon R. said...

Great recommendation on Leslie Odom Jr.'s Simply Christmas album -- it's a must have!

Anonymous said...

I actually laughed out loud at the suggestion to buy a ham instead!

Cee Cee from KY said...

I hopped over to Aldi to check out the candles- and it looks like those are seasonal (in spring); the ones they have right now are supposedly good dupes for the Bath and Body Works candles, but I opted not to purchase. We DID pick up the Cheese Advent Calendar, however, and I'm pretty hyped to start it 12/1.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure