Thursday, June 20, 2019

Lately



Wearing: I wore this adorable yellow and green smocked dress on Nantucket a few weeks ago. It's the prettiest printed fabric in a color that I don't often wear... yet I love it! I didn't bring a sweater to wear with this dress but I ended up loving my navy sweater paired with such a bright dress!

Eating: I did a Trader Joe's haul this week on instastories! I got the Trader Joe's Egg Frittatas hoping that they would be comparable to the Starbucks Sous Vide Eggs but they were not. Good, tasty, filling, but not comparable! I know Costco has comparable ones in their freezer section but mine didn't have them! 

Drinking: I mentioned on Instastories that I started drinking Vital Proteins Collagen peptides again and I got flooded with DM's! I did a post 2 years ago about collagen peptides and everything still rings true to this day! I have had some shoulder pain lately (I have bursitis) and I'm hoping that it makes that go away like it did last time! I'll most likely continue drinking it now through our wedding because I think the benefits are worth the cost and outweigh the annoyance of adding it into my morning routine. 

Sale-ing: Abercrombie is offering 50% off and then an extra 15% off with code 14980. The deals are crazy! This chic linen blazer is only $40! I have this lace peplum and it's a great summertime staple because the white goes with everything! This cream cable sweater is under $30! I also love this cardigan for lounging around the house! I'm not loving a whole lot of their summer stuff this year, but here's to hoping that they have some cute things come fall! 

Watching:
 The Brady Bunch Season 1 is on Amazon Prime Video and it's been so fun to watch. It's funny because I don't remember watching the replayed episodes that much when I was younger and yet I immediately knew all of the words to the intro! I LOVE old TV shows. That is where I get a lot of inspiration- Bewitched is my favorite!
Loving: I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that this lip color is BACK IN STOCK! Finally!! It has been out of stock since Christmas. It is one of my all-time favorite everyday lip colors and especially in this formula. The color goes on like a lipstick but it feels more like a balm/gloss. The color is so flattering... it's like your own lips but better. I am wearing it in the photo above and there is no filter/no editing at all so you can see the color on me to get a good idea of what it looks like!

Loving II: Seriously crushing on this Barbour x Alexa Chung jacket. It's the perfect mix of comfort and style from a brand that you know will always be high quality! I'm also really into this men's bathing suit... the color of the stripes is so pretty! 

Wanting:
 How fun are these patchwork Sperry boat shoes? I haven't bought a new pair of Sperry's in forever- mine are still in such good shape. I love the look of these and that they are made from recycled plastic from the ocean! OMG have you seen these plaid wellies?! OBSESSED. 
Pittsburgh-ing: This is a reminder that the event I am hosting with Macy's is this weekend (Saturday) at South Hills Village Mall in Pittsburgh (2nd Floor)! It starts at 2pm and there will be drinks, lots of food (Bravo and my favorite, Nothing Bundt the Cakes), styling sessions, and you get 25% off your purchase! I would absolutely love to meet you! If you mention that you learned about this event from my blog/social media, you will also get a gift (while supplies last)! 

Traveling: Next up I am headed to the beach with my fiancĂ©'s family! We will be north of Myrtle Beach (in South Carolina, but judging by the map, it looks like we will be close to the North Carolina border!). I went when I was very young (so I'm told by my parents, ha!) so I am totally unfamiliar with the area but it is where my fiancĂ© grew up going in the summers as a child. He hasn't been in many years so this will be lots of fun- if you have any recommendations on restaurants or cute little shops/things to do, let me know, I would really appreciate it!

Quoting: 'Forgive yourself each night and recommit each morning.'// See more of my favorites, here. 

2 comments:

Laura said...

We have been going to Myrtle Beach area for vacation all my life. We can be there is 4 1/2 hours. We spend the month of October with a group of friends at Ocean Drive section of North Myrtle Beach. Our group enjoys eating at Martini's would recommend getting reservations. The Irish restaurant in Ocean Drive is good as well. Enjoy your trip.

Kelly C said...

Oh I love Bewitched! And I Love Lucy! I hope they bring those back to Amazon prime video.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure