Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Easy and Healthy Breakfast Recipe

Easy and Healthy Breakfast Recipe

Today's breakfast recipe is not really anything groundbreaking, but it's something that is quick and easy to whip up in the mornings. Plus, the ingredients are basic so you're likely to have these types of things on hand already! I especially love this recipe because it keeps me full for SO long. 

I call it my 'fajita' omelet! Here's what you'll need:
- Bell peppers- I use all of the colors when I have them on hand
- Onion- I love onion so the more the better.. you can use white or red, I prefer white for this recipe.
- 2 Eggs
- Trader Joe's Salsa - this is my all time favorite but you can use whatever! 
- half of a small avocado
- Adobo seasoning
- Salt
- Pepper
- EVOO
- Cheese is optional- for this I like Mozz or provolone, but oftentimes I skip the cheese so it's less calories.

Directions:
- Chop up your peppers and onions in small bites. You can cut the avocado now, too! 
- Scramble two eggs- sometimes I take out one of the yolks. I add in salt and pepper for taste.
- Sautee the peppers in a tiny bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and a bit of Adobo seasoning. 
- Add in the scrambled eggs, finish cooking and plate! 
- Add salsa and avocado...I sprinkle my avocado with a little adobo seasoning for flavor. 

Again, it's nothing fancy or hard, but the combination is SO good and if you are craving something like fajitas but want to cook at home (and eat healthier) this is a great breakfast for dinner (and meatless) option, too! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I usually do smoothies during the week, but this looks great for a weekend breakfast for sure! I love the addition of adobo spice, which makes anything taste 10x better.

xoKaelen | https://darlingmarcelle.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure