Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Henry Pupdate






It's been quite a while since I've posted an update on my sweet Henry! Last time I posted, I was chatting about how I was nervous about Henry and the move! In hindsight, there was nothing to worry about.

We snapped these photos one morning and I just had to share them. Henry usually poses for photos or tries to get in photos which is so funny because Mac (our dog who passed away last year) always avoided the camera and would never pose when a camera was brought out. 99.9% of the time that I post Henry, he is never posed or anything like that...he is a total ham. But, that morning, when I actually wanted him to pose with me, all he wanted was belly rubs and he kept rolling onto his back. It was so funny and my fiancé and I were just cracking up the entire time. He makes us laugh daily and most of these photos are truly candid and show how much fun I have with him.


Henry is in LOVE with our new house. He might be the one that loves it most. He is just thriving with so much space, immediate access to the outdoors, and giant windows that he can look out of all day long. He really loved it the second we moved in and we never had an issue with adjustment or anything.

It brings me so much joy that he seems to love his suburb life. He has already gotten used to a routine here, knows where all of his toy baskets are, and found the best hiding spots when thunder rolls in.

I know this sounds so cheesy, but I love Henry SO much. Both my fiancé and I do and we often laugh about how much we love him. Sometimes we just stare at him and say 'how is he this cute'?!

Henry is also obsessed with us- and I don't say that because I am full of myself, but because it warms my heart to see him love us SO much. I can't believe he's only been in our lives for just 1.5 years! It feels like he has always been with me! 

One thing that is really fun is that now that my fiancé and I live together, he really takes care of Henry equally and their bond is adorable. He's 'our' sweet pup and I love that. 

Another thing that I find hilarious about Henry is that he is truly in love with my mother. Like beyond anyone else ever. He absolutely freaks out when I say my mom's name and when he sees my mom, he goes nuts and cries and it's seriously the funniest thing ever. He sits in my mom's lap when she is around and always wants to be as close to her as possible.

He is currently staying with my parent's while we are at the beach. My parents are the best to always watch Henry and I am so thankful for that. He loves it there and loves my parents and I never have to worry!

Our lake trip is coming up soon and I am so excited for him. He loves the lake and thrives there, so it will be fun!

I adopted Henry from Tracy's Dogs and they just released a Youtube video of their Pittsburgh Transport. It's worth a watch if you are considering adopting a dog. To see the happiness in everyone's faces when their dog is brought out is priceless. It also shares some info about adoption- when you adopt a dog from Tracy's Dogs, you save 3 dogs: the dog you adopt, the dog that then takes that dog's space at Tracy's Dog's and the dog that got their shelter spot!

My pajamas are from Walmart! Did you know that they carry Splendid? Splendid is one of my favorite pajama brands because of its soft fabric. Besides the pajamas I ordered, I also was eyeing these blue and white pajamas perfect for the summer months! Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.

More Pajamas I Love:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this is so lovely! @jar77@yahoo.com

must not be blank said...

Henry is incredibly cute. I’d love to know more about raising this breed though - most references to them say they can be high energy and require a lot of intensive care. Would love to get your take. It was important to me when choosing my havanese to go with the breed that was right for us - our Snowy is hypoallergenic as he doesn’t shed hair but goes to a groomer every two months for a manly shave, doesn’t tend to get separation anxiety and is a great relaxed family dog. I love to see Henry posts and glad he is doing so well in his new chateau!

Aleda said...

He is very photogenic too! My husband and i love our dog so much we make plans around him! It’s a bummer we cant take him everywhere with us! I have been doing walmart pick up so i can take my dog with me when need grocery from there but i need to go there by myself next time to check this pajamas!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure