Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Wedding Wednesday: Manicure and Pedicure


Wedding Wednesday: Manicure and Pedicure
OPI Love Is In the Bare

Wedding Wednesday: Manicure and Pedicure
OPI Bubble Bath 

I got a lot of requests for what manicure/pedicure color I will be wearing for my wedding. This is a fun question because I love to have my nails/toes manicured. I don't actually like going to the salon, but once they are done, I feel like a new woman. 

In everyday life, I typically stick to OPI Big Apple Red for a true, classic red and then OPI Bubble Bath for a natural pink. Other than that, I rarely stray. 

Every once in awhile, I will get OPI Lisbon Wants Moore which is like a more opaque Bubble Bath or OPI I've Got the Blues for Red around Christmastime which is more of a deep burgundy red. OPI Let's Be Friends used to be my go-to... it was a milky pink somewhat similar to Lisbon wants Moore, but they discontinued it! 

In terms of manicures and pedicures, I always match my toes to my nails. Always. For my wedding I'll likely do OPI Bubble Bath or OPI Love is in the Bare as seen in the images above. Love Is In The Bare is hard to track down. It's very similar to Bubble Bath but is less streaky! So if I can hunt that down, that's what I will do and if not, I'll be doing Bubble Bath. Pretty boring, honestly, but I just want my nails to look like they usually do.

I'll likely do a dip manicure just because the chances of it getting messed up or chipped are slim. I do prefer the look of the gel, but gel is a gamble because I have chipped that before (I'm rough on my hands) so dip is the safest bet for me personally. I just get regular polish on my toes. You won't be able to see my toes, anyway, but I'll know they are manicured and it will make me feel better and 'finished'.

What color did you wear on your wedding day? What is your go-to everyday polish color?

6 comments:

Maureen said...

I've had great luck finding nail colors on amazon and eBay! You're going to look amazing.....polished, fresh, classic and lovely! You're reminded me today might be a great day for a mani/pedi! I'm currently wearing Essie Clambake on my toes....a fun, poppy orange red that looks great w/ a tan!

Bluegrass Belle said...

I'll be doing Bubble Bath, too (or as close as I can find in a dip in my area, few salons carry OPI's dip powder, most are SNS loyalists). I'm usually against matching my nails and toes, actually, and nearly always have hot pink on my toes, but realized when my wedding shoes came in (Manolos too, but the white lace pump style) that you could see the pink through the lace! So on the big day, I'll probably match for once and have nude-pink on my toes to minimize the color showing through, and then I may get a pedicure at the resort on our honeymoon to go back to my usual pink!!

Kristen said...

You cannot go wrong with a pale pink! I went with Essie's Ballet Slippers on my wedding day. Normal day is Chanel Pirate (red) on my toes and nothing on my fingers (other than a clear coat occasionally). Easy peasy!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I wore OPI'S mimosas for Mr & Mrs. A soft pink with a fun name since we served mimosas at our brunch reception!

Kait said...

I wore Bubble Bath at my wedding four years ago :)

Kelly said...

I actually did Cajun Shrimp for my wedding day! I always thought I'd do something super neutral but when I went to the salon the day before the wedding, I was feeling feisty. And our colors were all shades of pink with kelly green, so it worked.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure