Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Weekend Fun


I thought I would share a bit about our weekend in today's post- taking it back to the early blogging days when I would diary about my days! I loved sharing and I still love sharing here and there! 

Friday morning, I made the sous vide egg bites from Costco. I had shared these on my 'Lately' post but wanted to share a photo of them. You can see that they look exactly like the Starbucks ones and they are delicious. I highly recommend them! 

Friday night, we made fajitas which is one of my favorite things to make at home. Then we went to see The Lion King. I didn't take any photos so here's a cute photo of Henry from Friday! I thought it was so funny that he was actually using his pillow all on his own! 

The Lion King was so good- both my fiancé and I loved it and even sang along at parts, ha! I definitely recommend it. It was pretty true shot-by-shot from the animated movie but there were a few small scenes here and there added in!

The next day, I went shopping with my friend, Aly! We started off at a furniture consignment store that neither of us had been to. We loved it- it was chock full of pretty pieces. I snapped a photo of this beautiful mid-century modern sideboard that I was just drooling over. Doesn't it look like something from the set of Mad Men? Unfortunately, that's not the look I have in my home so I didn't get it, but it was just SO beautiful and well-made.
I ended up leaving with a pair of ceramic blue and white elephant candlesticks- I thought they were quirky and fun for my office!

We then stopped into Anthropologie and were so impressed with all of their hair accessories. Seriously, if you are looking for fun hair items, this is the place to go. 

We also stopped into Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma. Pottery Barn had this candle and we were both OBSESSED with it.  It's a cozy scent that's a bit manly and has a wood/fire hint to it. The most perfect candle for the upcoming fall season. I also loved these wine glasses because they are beautiful and have a slightly modern vibe to them. I promptly added them to my list to remember to register for them! 


We met my parents and family friends at the Le Mont for cocktails on Saturday night. The Le Mont is a restaurant on Mt. Washington. For those of you who don't know, Mt. Washington is the mountain that overlooks the city of Pittsburgh so it's where you get the prettiest skyline views of the city! It's where we got engaged! The Le Mont is an upscale restaurant but they have a bar that has the best views so we often go there just for drinks. The Le Mont's food is just OK and I find the decor to be in desperate need of an update but it is a Pittsburgh classic and serves up a great martini with an incredible view!
After cocktails, Andrew and I headed downtown where he had planned a fun dinner at Eddie V's. We love the bar there because they make incredible martinis and the live jazz is always a treat. This time, we had dinner there and it was so delicious. The seafood tower is a must! 

On Sunday, it was SO hot but we still decided to go for a 4-mile walk around our neighborhood. We had most definitely earned out gluttonous dinner of Five Guys and Fro-yo. I hadn't eaten at a Five Guys in years and forgot how delicious their burgers are for 'fast-casual'! We ended the night watching the Netflix movie 'Secret Obsessions' and it was so bad we laughed through it. It definitely had  Lifetime vibe to it. All-in-all it was such a nice weekend in Pittsburgh! The next two weekends will be spent in Georgia at the lake and we can't wait! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure