Friday, August 2, 2019

A Crisp and Classic White Button Down





Today we are talking white button-downs. I love white button-downs and seem to have tried all of the brands out there! They are such a classic and a wardrobe staple regardless of personal style. There are a million and one different ways you can wear/style a white shirt and today I'm sharing my favorite way: dark wash skinny jeans and ballet flats. 

It's one of the easiest outfits to pull from your closet and you instantly look put together! I wore this shirt on instastories one day during a try-on and I got so many questions about where it came from! It's one of my favorite white button-downs and one I keep in my closet all year round. I've been wearing this exact style since high school. 

Let's chat about why I love it. This shirt is made to be non-iron. Meaning you really don't have to iron it. It's actually amazing. I wash it with other white items as I normally would and hang to dry. No ironing or steaming needed. Brilliant for those who are constantly traveling and looking for a good shirt to wear on the plane (won't wrinkle while you are wearing it) or packing in your luggage when you don't want to lug your steamer with you. 

The shirt is crisp and looks very put together. You could easily wear it in an office environment. It's one of the most 'professional' white button-downs I have ever come across. It's also incredibly well-made. I only replace mine every few years and that is after a ton of wear. 

It's not see-through at all. It's a beautiful crisp, bright white and you can never see your undergarments or anything of the sort. 

There are a ton of button-downs to choose from, but it's the 'classic fit' that is my favorite. The other fitted blouses are great if you want to wear under a blazer or sweater, but I hate the look of the darting. The classic fit is just that- classic and dart-free. 

I get two sizes in this shirt. I am wearing a size 2 in the photos above. This is the perfect size for me when I want to tuck something in and don't want a ton of extra fabric. I also like this for layering since it's not oversized. I also get a 4. The 4 looks beautiful with leggings when you want a little more length to cover your bottom or when you are not tucking it in and don't mind a little more fabric. The bigger size is more tunic-ish but without the bohemian/casual style of a tunic since this is still very crisp looking! 

I also wanted to mention these jeans. The Nordstrom team sent these to me. They are part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and I would not have picked these out on my own. However, I am SO glad I have been introduced to them because I am now a huge fan. They are seriously the most flattering jeans. They are so stretchy and comfortable and the dark wash is so slimming. I don't know what kind of sorcery is in the butt/hips of these jeans, but they are SO good. It says to size down but I am wearing my usual size 27 and find them comfortable- though I do think I could have worn a 26 and they would have also been fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is your bag from?

Anonymous said...

Where is your bag from?

Summer Wind said...

Anonymous, it's a Goyard St. Louis GM ! If you search it on my blog, I wrote an entire post about it!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure