Monday, August 5, 2019

Recipe: Egg Roll Soup

I am so excited to pass along this recipe to all of you. A few years ago, I made an 'egg roll in a bowl' and absolutely loved it. It was pretty easy to make (if I can make it, you can), made a lot of leftovers, and was filling. It also gave you that Chinese fix but 'healthier' since it wasn't takeout.

I came across this recipe for egg roll soup and I just knew it was going to be something I love. It had been 90+ degrees the week before so I was hesitant to make it, but we had a few milder days so I went for it. 

In terms of modifications, I read all of the comments in the recipe post to decide what I was going to do. I used low-sodium chicken broth and instead of adding salt, I added a bit of soy sauce. I also added a tiny splash of rice wine vinegar, too, for more flavor. I love ginger, so I added a lot more ginger than it calls for. 

Next time, I would add even more cabbage and carrots so it is heavier on the vegetable side! I don't know if I would try it with anything other than sausage just because I think the sausage gives it such great flavor. 

All-in-all this was a great recipe and I highly recommend it! I had my parents over for dinner and we sat outside on our back patio to eat because it was a nice cool night! We all agreed it was delicious! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that
would be ok. I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure