Thursday, August 15, 2019

Lately


I cannot believe we are already to Thursday! I got back from the lake late Sunday night and I have been on overdrive all week trying to play catch up! Lots of random miscellaneous tasks, errands, fall planning, and scheduling. I have quite a busy fall coming up in terms of social life. We have lots and lots of weddings which is so fun and exciting... a lot of them require travel which will also be fun, too!

I also tackled a bunch of small wedding-related things which had been sitting on my to-do list for a while. It feels good to be able to check them off!

Besides that, I got the itch to organize the house so I have been slowly organizing every space! Organizing is one of my favorite things to do (which I know sounds really lame). I have always been this way, though. In the kitchen, I took everything out of the cabinets and finally organized it appropriately and with bins/organizers. The sense of accomplishment after organizing something feels so good. One night I even took time to organize the garage... that had been sitting on my to-do list forever and I'm so glad it's finally done! Being organized makes me feel ready and excited to embrace a new season.

Wearing: This Eyelet Top  is one of my favorite pieces that I have been wearing lately. It's still summery because of the eyelet, but the color and sleeves make it seem a little more fall appropriate. This is the type of thing that I love to wear during this transition period between summer and fall! It runs a little big so I would suggest sizing down!

Eating: Oh. My. Gosh. Do not walk, RUN to your nearest Chick-Fil-A for their mac 'n cheese. My fiancĂ© is Chick-Fil-A obsessed and he had us going there the day they started serving the mac 'n cheese. I was worried it would be a flop like Chipotle's queso was but their mac 'n cheese might be the best I've ever had! I don't even want to know the calorie count on it because it is sinfully rich and creamy. 

Reading: Have you all seen that Target is bringing back items from their past brand partnerships?! This includes the Lilly for Target pieces from 2015! You can shop starting on September 14th.

Watching: I just watched Panic Room which is a movie on Netflix. It was SO good. It's a thriller and kept me on my toes the entire time. It's definitely a great movie to watch if you are staying in one night this weekend! 
Listening: I used to make monthly playlists and since then, I've decided to cut down to make them 4x per year. Summer's is finished and I'm ready to move on to fall, but it's worth a listen because there are some real gems on there!

Loving: These. Shoes. They are everything, aren't they?! It's like Ralph Lauren and Ferragamo made a shoe... classic and ladylike and preppy all at the same time. Want. There's a bag too. Drooling. 

Loving II: I love that Williams-Sonoma is collaborating with Schumacher! This tablecloth is so beautiful! On top of that, Pottery Barn created a Friends collection and it is part funny, part clever! I want this doormat! So fun. 

Wanting: This hydrangea topper is very summery but it might be the chicest thing I have seen in a while! It can be paired with a matching dress making it 1960's Jackie-O-looking, which I love. This is a new-to-me brand, but it's worth checking out because all of their pieces are so classic- like this blush dress. I've also been eyeing this Goop Glow microderm instant glow exfoliator. The instant facial by Goop is one of my all-time favorite skincare products so I am thinking this one will be good, too. 

Smelling: With fall around the corner, I am going to share this fig scented candle again. It smells SO much like Diptyque but for so much less. It's one of my favorite affordable candles and has such a cozy feel to it. 

Quoting: 'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'- Wayne Dyer // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure