Monday, September 16, 2019

Workout Style


In my opinion, there is nothing that makes me more excited to work out than knowing I have a cute outfit to wear! It's like the adult version of dressing up for the first day of school.

Now, to be honest, I do like to stick to my neutrals and go-to work out staples, which are pretty boring, but there are so many fun, seasonal, leggings, or even cute pullovers and sweats for before/after workouts. This kind of stuff makes it fun and mixes things up.

I have been browsing around for cute workout gear that you can work out in but also wear to run errands or lounge in. Scroll through the widget above to see some of my favorites.

If I am going to the gym, I typically like to wear shorts or leggings and a tank (regardless of the season). Because of that, I love tees and long sleeve tops that I can throw over my tank before/after working out and also sweatshirts/pullovers. Scroll through to see some things I am loving. I tried to link several pieces that are currently on sale.

Besides pieces I am eyeing, I thought I would round up some of my favorite work out staples.

Leggings// These are my ride or die leggings. They have a 26.5" inseam. I'm 5'6" and they hit right at my ankle so they are the perfect length. They have a super high waist so they suck you in and work out great with cropped tees or pullovers. The material is thick but doesn't make you hot. The best part though? There is a deep pocket on both outer thighs. This is so awesome if I am walking Henry on a long walk and I want to have my phone on me for music/podcasts. I also love it because it can hold my LV key pouch if I am running out on an errand. It's no wonder there are over 3000 5-star reviews.

Shorts// These are 4" so they are modest! They have an elastic waistband that always sits flat around my waist. They are comfortable and breathable. They are comparable to Lululemon's tracker short but these are better quality and more comfortable/better fitting, in my opinion.

Shorts// These are my second favorite shorts and are a much cheaper alternative to my top favorites. They're quality (not as nice as the ones above this, but still nice) and they come in some fun prints and also staples like black. They're easy to work out in or just throw on when running errands. They're also modest and comfortable.

Seamless Racerback Bra// This is for gals like me who have smaller chests. It is is not lined and seamless so it's SO comfortable. But it still provides a good amount of support. It's plenty for me, but definitely is not for someone with a larger bust! This is my second favorite- a little more comfortable but not as supportive, so it's best for long walks rather than high impact workouts. This one is a little more substantial and my favorite for super sweaty, high impact workouts!

Socks// These are low-rise and thick enough that they are nice quality, but thin enough that they are breathable and comfortable. They're super inexpensive and wash well. Highly recommend.

Sneakers// These are, by far, my favorite sneakers ever. I have been wearing them for years. No joke, I own 3 pairs and they're the only ones I work out in and I just ordered the newest pair I have linked. Adidas does a collaboration with Stella McCartney and I think those look 'cooler' but they also have the regular Ultraboost version, too, which are less pricey and equally as comfortable. 

Varley// I also wanted to highlight this brand because in the past few years it has quickly become one of my go-to brands for activewear. When items go on sale, you can usually get them for a song!

Teleties// I was on the invisibobble train for a while and then Teleties sent me some of their hair ties to try and I love them SO much more. They are so much stronger and hold better. I have tried the cheapo coiled hair ties ones from Target, the Anthropologie ones, and so many more, and teleties are my favorite. My top favorite hair ties ever are these because they hold SO well and are super stretchy BUT they leave a crease whereas the teleties don't. SO it just depends if I am washing my hair or not on which one I choose. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure