Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Look For Less: Blackwatch Plaid Coat and More!







I love black watch plaid, that's certainly no secret. I remember seeing Meghan Markle in the most beautiful black watch plaid coat last year and wanting to recreate the look. Her's was Burberry and while stunning, it was $3000. I think a coat is totally worth splurging on, but at $3000, that was much more than I could stomach!

Enter in this Black Watch Plaid Coat that's under $250. I wasn't really even looking for one when I stumbled upon it. I knew exactly what I would wear it with, too: A simple turtleneck, jeans, and heels for an elevated classic look. This coat runs big, I would suggest sizing down. I like the oversized, draped look of the coat, but there is plenty of room for layering in either your true size or even a size down. The sleeves are also a bit long, so I suggest taking them to a tailor if you feel the same- that's what I plan to do (I have average length arms). 

This is such an easy and classic look. It's something that would be perfect for a casual Thanksgiving. The outfit is simple but the plaid adds some interest and the heels dress it up a bit! Not to mention this is a coat that you can wear from the moment it gets cold all the way through February/March. Blackwatch is a total neutral so don't think just around the holidays!

In the same vein, I thought I would also share some looks for less that I have come across lately. I know a lot of you like it when I do that! 
Shop more black watch plaid:



1 comment:

Suburban prep said...

I love plaid. The tartan coat looks great on you. Looks like a great coat that could be worn thru the Fall and Winter months.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure