Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Try-On J.Crew and Abercrombie


We are about to head into Black Friday/Cyber Monday and it's really going to end up being 'Cyber Week as a lot of brands and retailers are starting their sales well before Black Friday or Cyber Monday! I have done a few try-ons on Instagram stories lately so I wanted to share them here with sizing information so if you are shopping you'll be able to use this as your resource! I know not everyone watches instastories and I know a lot of you miss them from day-to-day! 

This sweater is something I ordered on a whim because I thought it was a 'cute' ugly Christmas sweater. I styled it as if I were headed out to an ugly Chrismas sweater party, ha! It runs true to size, I'm wearing a size small. The plaid pumps are from Tuckernuck a few years ago, but I linked to an almost identical pair. 

I'm linking my blush pink leather phone case because I always get a lot of questions about it. It is under $50 and would make such a nice holiday gift. 
 This sherpa is one of my favorites. I also have it in green. They are warm and cozy and definitely a winter weight. The sherpa runs true to size. I am wearing a size small. Right now, it is $46 with code THESKIMM.

These Pajamas run true to size. I sometimes size up in pajamas because I like a looser/oversized fit but didn't need to size up with these. I'm wearing a small in both the top and bottom.

The slippers are a MUST. If you don't have a pair and live in a cold climate, they will change your life and I'm not being dramatic. They are so warm and cozy. If I am in my house, I have them on. They are under $100 so they also make a great gift. They also have a men's version, too. My fiancé has two pair because he loves them so much. 
This dress is beautiful. So elegant and chic. It's something you could wear to Thanksgiving dinner but also to the office. It's high quality and thick and warm. Size down. I got a size small and returned for XS but probably could have even gotten the XXS! 

These pumps are my favorite black suede pumps that I always wear. They are by Dior but I always link a very similar and much more affordable option since my Dior version is no longer available. 

I ordered this coat because I thought it would be a pretty 'topper' over an all-black outfit and it is! I wear a lot of black in the winter and this coat just breaks that up a bit and adds a classic touch. This coat runs true to size, if you are between sizes, size down! 

A few of you DM'd me and asked 'is this really men's' in regard to the sweater. And yes, it really is! I check out the men's section in some brands like Abercrombie, J.Crew, and Ralph Lauren because their size xs and small is pretty similar to a women's size small. I also find they make a lot more classic-style pieces (especially in the winter months) and often they are high quality than women's items. No idea why, but this is your tip to shop the men's section. Even Old Navy has some cute men's items that work for women! I am wearing a size small in this sweater and it fits slightly oversized but in a pretty way. Love it so much. 

This was a little out of my comfort zone and I ended up returning the pants. I really loved the high quality, classic glen plaid wool of the pants. It looks very Ralph Lauren menswear. The nipped-in waist is very flattering but the ballooning of the pants in the legs was a little too much for me personally. I do think that if you are into a trendier style of pants, though, this could work for you.

The turtleneck is such a wardrobe staple and it's so great when you can find 'boring' but necessary pieces like this on major sale! I like this turtleneck better than the tissue ones because it's a little more structured!

 This metallic tank is such a fun party top. It runs really big so size down one size (at least). It looks so great with velvet skinnies for a party look that doesn't involve a dress or skirt. This would be a great choice for a New Year's Eve party.

 I originally bought this sherpa pullover (wearing size small) to wear with leggings as an athleisure look, but this is actually a dressier top. It's thick and the inside of it is a soft faux suede material. It's pretty but just not for athleisure!! These velvet skinnies are one of my favorite pairs of pants. I wear them SO much during the winter months. I have had them for years and they wash so well. I am wearing my usual size 27.

This sweater is one of my FAVORITES of the season. It's soft but structured and has a great little zip detail on the sleeve. It is made of a special thread that is meant to be lightweight but very warm. The perfect aprés ski sweater and I love it paired with these Nordic boots. I got these a year or two ago and they are like 'fancy' Uggs. For example, I wouldn't really wear my traditional Ugg boots out to a restaurant or anything like that, but I would totally wear these Nordic boots! They only come in whole sizes. I am usually in between 8.5 and 9 and went with the 9. They are slightly big but just enough room for a really thick sock. 

The sweater runs a little bit. I am wearing an XS (my usual size is small). 

I am soooooo excited about these fleece pieces. You already know I love my Brighton Boatneck (and can read about it here) and I was just sent my two dream pieces!!! I love the high low fleece for wearing with leggings to and from Orange Theory. The bright neon pink makes me so happy early in the freezing mornings. I am wearing a size medium which is the same size I got in the boatneck. I would get your usual size unless you are broad in the shoulders or have a larger chest. I have broad shoulders and sized up! The joggers are INCREDIBLE. They are so warm and cozy but actually look presentable as in you could wear them out of the house. I am wearing a size small. I would sometimes size up in joggers because I don't like a tight fit, but these are plenty roomy. If you are between sizes, size down! These two pieces would make such a wonderful holiday gift. I think anything cozy is just the best gift because you often don't splurge on cozy items for yourself! 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure