Thursday, February 6, 2020

Lately


This week has flown by. It's been a doozy and so full but also great. The beginning of the week was so beautiful and warm and it was SO nice to be able to take Henry for such long walks... truly luxurious. He was definitely in heaven.

The biggest news of the week, in my opinion, is that WE GOT OUR WEDDING SUITE IN. My jaw dropped when I opened the big box filled with the most beautiful pieces that make up our invitation. I seriously cannot wait to send them out. We had to get them earlier than usual because they will now go to our calligrapher who will do all of the addresses as well as the names for the inner envelope. I wanted to give her ample time to do this but also pad in lots of time so we never feel rushed in our timeline.

In other wedding news, today is my first dress fitting. I'm so excited to get things started! I haven't been surprised by much in terms of cost just because I know the ballpark of things (because of my past job) however, I was floored at the cost of alterations. I feel like that's saying something because my measurements are an exact size so there really aren't a ton of things that even need to be done.

And one more wedding item this week! Tomorrow, I'm meeting with Mosaic Linens who we are using for our wedding linens and we will be finalizing everything! Susie, the owner of Mosaic is the best and she is actually going to let me bring you all along with me. So I'll share the process/showroom and more with you guys. We have our floral mock-up later this month and I'll try to bring you along for a little of that, too (without giving too much away). Basically, there's a wedding item each week from now until our day, which is so fun, but I am also looking forward to having time back to myself after the wedding.

Wearing: I've been wearing my classic trench a lot lately considering the temperatures have been so mild. It instantly makes any outfit look more polished.
Eating: I got the best surprise from Baked by Melissa yesterday. These cupcake minis are INCREDIBLE. Seriously, if you are looking for a unique treat for Valentine's Day, this is it. My fiancĂ© is obsessed with them, too. 

Reading: You need to watch this Super Bowl ad and then read this article. So freaking cool. 

The Ugly Dachshund Little Black Dress
Watching: I watched 'The Ugly Dachshund' on Disney Plus. It's a movie from 1966 and it gave me Bewitched vibes- a sitcom that I LOVE and watch all of the time. The main character's wardrobe is so beautiful, but this little black dress stole the show. I couldn't find a single proper photo of it online so I took these (horrible) photos of my TV screen to show you all. It's hard to see but it' was a tiered tulle skirt and the back dipped low in the back. Obsessed.

Watching II: I loved Google's Super Bowl ad. So touching. 

Listening: Did you catch Monday's post where I shared my top favorite Spotify playlists?

Loving: My go-to black-tie gown is back in stock in all sizes. I wear this to SO much. 

Wanting: I ordered so many things this week to try out. Our honeymoon is going to be a challenge to pack for so I'm trying to be strategic in ordering a few pieces here and there to see what works.
Trying: I'm trying out Goop's overnight glow peel. I've been very into using a Glycolic pad/treatment at least once a week but plan on ramping that up as we get closer to the wedding. I tried this for the first time this week and I love it so far. It's comparable to the Dr. Dennis Gross pads I love so much but this might be better because it's only 1 step instead of two. 

Quoting: 'Don't worry about the people who aren't happy for you. They probably aren't happy for themselves either.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure