Thursday, March 26, 2020

Lately


First of all, thank you to every single one of you who left the kindest, most thoughtful and heartfelt messages, comments, e-mails, etc. from yesterday's blog post about having to postpone our wedding. I was extremely nervous to post what I did and you all uplifted me and gave me hope. Thank you. Truly, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have always known that the Summer Wind community is filled with the most wonderful women (and some men!!) but I was truly floored with everyone's understanding and giving me space and time to feel what I am feeling. Your respect means everything.

I'm hoping I can truck on with all of the normalcy as possible here. I truly want this to be a place of light and happiness if at all possible and so there will be no dwelling! I am picking myself up by the bootstraps and we are going to carry on here. I am hopeful that this will end soon.

Last week was very rough for us so this week has been much lighter and I am so thankful for that. I enjoyed a phone call with my grammie, had a happy hour on Zoom with my girlfriends, and then have a Facetime happy hour scheduled for Friday with my cousins, parents, aunt/uncle, and sister/future brother in law! If you haven't done Zoom or a FaceTime session yet, I definitely encourage it. It truly takes your mind off of everything for a while.

I've also been making it a priority to decorate and find new pieces for our house which has been a nice distraction and has made our home feel cozier and more peaceful. I will say, our house has never been cleaner, ha! I've been setting the table even for the most casual of dinners because it makes it feel more special! Here's one of the settings from last week!

Wearing: The top that I have and love is currently 20% off and it comes in a dress version which I just think is darling. You can see more of my favorites, here.

Eating: One of my favorite things we have cooked this week so far has been burger bowls. Well, actually, my fiancĂ© was trying to recreate Steak 'n Shakes Frisco melt, but instead, I turned mine into a bowl with a bed of shredded lettuce, pickles, etc. It was so good and so easy. We didn't really follow a specific recipe but rather followed a bunch fo different ones and pulled things we liked from each. He even made the 'Frisco' sauce which turned out pretty darn well! 

Sale-ing: Lilly Pulitzer is having a SALE! Yes, you read that right. 30% off select styles with code LILLYFAM. This is such a rare occurrence and honestly, I could use some Lilly in my life because the prints and colors bring me joy. 

Watching:
 You guys. I shared this before, but I cannot get enough of 'Before the 90 Days' on TLC. I am watching passed seasons on-demand and OMG it is reality TV gold. If you need something that is more mindless, this is just wild!! 

Listening: I've been listening to a lot of Van Morrison because it's easy listening, but mostly upbeat. I did a post about things I like to listen to when working from home that might be of interest to you! 

Loving: I just got this sweatshirt and to say I love it is an understatement. It is such high quality, the fabric is so soft, and I love the shape of it. I got a size small so I would say it runs true to size. I think it looks and feels like something you would find at Lululemon, just without that higher price tag. Right now it's 40% off, then you get an extra 20% off, making it come out to be $28ish. 


Wanting:
So many sales, it's all so tempting!

Pittsburgh-ing: Last weekend we got takeout from Iron Born in Millvale and Little Tokyo in Mt. Lebanon. We are brainstorming our next local takeout spots to support during this tough time. We are trying to stay healthy by cooking at home but letting ourselves indulge during the weekend and also help to support all of the amazing local restaurants we have in Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh-ing II: Towards the end of this video, you get a glimpse into the renderings of what the Pittsburgh airport will look like in a few years. The renovations are supposed to start this year and open within 3 years. It desperately needs a facelift, so I'm excited about this! I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait to be back in an airport again! 

Smelling: I've shared this scent before, but it's really perfect for this season. It's so fresh and light and really fills an entire room. We have been having candles burning non-stop. I find the glow from them, especially at night, is comforting. 

Quoting: 'Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of overcoming it.' - Helen Keller // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bought the Gap sweatshirt in pink and gray to see which one I like better thanks to your recommendation. I can't wait until it gets here. I need something comfy but cute to work from home in.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure