Thursday, May 28, 2020

Lately

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and have had a great week. We have had a crazy heatwave this week. Tuesday was SO hot. I normally go on a 4-mile walk and by mile 3 I was truly too hot to keep going... which is really saying something for late May in Pittsburgh!!! But I'm so thankful for the sun!

Not really much to report from this week. We have been spending a lot of time outside. I don't have a ton of good outfits for you all as I have been in workout clothes for most of this week. I find that if I put them on in the morning, at some point during the day, I'm much more likely to work out.

I have, however, been browsing a TON online to find a handful of flowy dresses to purchase for this summer. When it gets into the high 80s and 90s, I'm reminded how I really only ever want to wear loose, flowy dresses to stay cool so I add a few each year to my collection. This week definitely reminded me and that's why I've been heavily browsing. I'll pull all of my picks into a post coming soon.

Wearing: I wore this Eyelet Shift Dress over the weekend and it is about as classic as you can get. I love wearing white dresses in the summer and this shift-style is just so cute. If you look closely, you can see the eyelet pattern is in the shape of pineapples! This runs really big so size down. I am wearing a size 2 and probably could have gotten a size 0! 

Eating: I like the frozen chocolate covered banana slices at Trader Joe's but then I tried Diana's Banana's (found at Aldi) which are half banana's covered in chocolate on a stick and OMG they are truly incredible. They taste equally as good as ice cream. A tasty 'healthier' option for the summer months! 

Drinking: I don't drink White Claw too often but on a really hot summer night they are fun! I recently tried the Tangerine and you guys it is SO good. It tastes so similar to tangerine la croix! 

Reading: I have love a claw clip. I have so much hair and the giant ones are the only ones that work in my hair so this is a funny article! These are the big clips that I swear by! 

Watching: We watched the second Supersize Me documentary and it was so interesting... it's about fast-food chicken chains and just really eye-opening. 

Listening: I started a summer 2020 playlist and there isn't a ton just yet but it's all so good!! 

Loving: Oh my goodness I can't resist a blue and white plate but these are only $10/each and I love them. 

Wanting: This has Bordallo Pinheiro vibes but for way less!

Pittsburgh-ing: On 6/5 we are finally allowed to eat outdoor at restaurants. There are not a ton of outdoor spaces at many Pittsburgh restaurants so it's going to be tough to find many options but I'll take it!
Smelling: Just got this pretty citronella candle under $15. It's huge so hopefully, it keeps the bugs away! We only have space for a small setup and so we had a small sectional and tiny coffee table and have decided to get rid of that and go with an outdoor dining table and chairs as it just makes more sense for our lifestyle! I'm excited for the new to arrive so we can spend basically every second outside! 

Quoting: 'Humble as ever but aware of my value.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure