Friday, May 29, 2020

The Best Moisturizer With Sunscreen





Let's chat sunscreen, shall we? Today I'm partnering with Olay, a brand I have loved for years, to share details about their Regenerist Whip SPF 40. I totally get that it can be annoying or hard to work face sunscreen into your routine if you haven't found a product that you love. Plus, during the winter months, it's hard to remember because you're not necessarily out in the sun all day! 

But, as the days grow longer (yay!!) and we start seeing more and more of the sun, it's so important to remember to protect your skin from the sun! I have always been a fan of Olay products and love the Regenerist Whip SPF 40 is one of the best!

I know the term 'self-care' looks different for everyone. I've personally noticed as I get older, self-care for me looks less like bubble baths and more like long walks with Henry, a solid and regimented skincare routine, and taking my daily vitamins. I'm definitely more conscious of my health and part of that is keeping my skin protected from the sun's harmful rays. Within my regimented morning skincare routine, I use Olay Regenerist Whip SPF 40 as a way to keep my skin healthy. 

I was not always good with sun protection. I've shared this before, but when I was in high school, I would lay out in the sun, oftentimes with no sunscreen on! I was a lifeguard and on our country club's summer swim team so I was always out in the sun. I had cheerleading camp 2-a-days in August each year in high school and we were out in the sun from morning until night and I rarely ever reapplied my sunscreen. I cringe just thinking about all of that unprotected sun exposure!!! 

Because of that, I am extra cautious with taking care of my skin with a good skincare routine and always wearing sunscreen! I think one of the things that helps me to remember to apply sunscreen is that Olay's Regenerist Whip SPF 40 is a moisturizer and has SPF! It's a 2-in-1! You get the benefits of Olay's Regenerist moisturizer like a more even skin tone, moisturized skin, and so much more but you also get to protect your skin from the sun in one step. 

It's also extremely blendable and lightweight. So it applies just like a moisturizer and you can easily apply your makeup right afterward because it immediately absorbs into your skin. I also love it on no-makeup days because it doesn't make my face look shiny (it's matte) or leave any residue so you can't tell I have anything on at all. 
Henry, my fiancé, and I have been going on tons of walks lately. I love getting outside and breathing in the fresh air and getting exercise. It truly makes a difference in my physical and mental health. Knowing that I'm protected from the sun while being outside, makes me feel even better! 

1 comment:

Deborah Bowers said...

I tried some of the Olay products based on your recommendations and I have to tell you I LOVE IT! SPECIFICALLY THE MICRO SCULPTING CREAM in the red jar and the matching serum in the red bottle. I also have the whip moisturizer spf 25 which I like to use on my neck and face. Normally I mostly use everything in the Tatcha and Supergoop line but I love using lesser priced brands to experiment and stretch my skin care dollars. The retinol serum in the purple bottle is great as well when you want to mix it up and take a break from prescription retinol. So thank you for spreading the word in your original post a few months ago about the Olay Regenerist products in the red packaging. It has inspired me to try a lot of their other face products and I’m impressed! I have been a sunscreen fanatic since my twenties when I lived in Manhattan ( where it wasn’t as necessary) and now that I live in Scottsdale Arizona there is nothing more important! My poor grandkids run from me when they see the sunscreen bottle in my hand 😂😂

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure