Friday, August 21, 2020

Amazon Summer Event


Amazon Summer Event


Chamberlain Group myQ Smart Garage Door Opener

Chamberlain Group myQ Smart Garage Door Opener

Thank you to Amazon for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are my own.

I am so proud of all we have accomplished around our home since March. We added new pieces of furniture, hung a few TVs, moved some furniture around, painted our bathroom, hung art, and so much more! 

Our most recent project is that we just installed our Chamberlain Group myQ Smart Garage Door Opener which is included in Amazon's summer event! It is a wireless and wi-fi enabled garage hub that we can control from our phones. 

Back in February, I accidentally locked my fiancé out of the house. Whoops. He had left the house and left the front door unlocked because he wasn't going to be out long. While he was gone, I realized the front door was unlocked so I locked it. I then went to take a nap. My fiancé couldn't get a hold of me because I was asleep, and my phone was on silent and he hadn't taken the house keys! He wasn't really sure what to do at first. 

Finally, to wake me up, he opened the Amazon Alexa app on his phone so he could 'drop-in' in the bedroom (where we have an Echo) and he was able to talk to me to wake me up ('drop-in' is like an intercom). Honestly, I was impressed he thought to do that, I wouldn't have thought of it if I were in his shoes!! 

After that little mishap, we realized we needed a way to access our house should we ever forget our keys...or lock each other out, haha!! We have garage door buttons in our car, but no way to open the garage door if we don't have the clickers.

Now you know why we got the Chamberlain Group myQ Smart Garage Door Opener. Here is what it does and why we love it...

-  we can open and close the garage door from anywhere with our phones. Whether you lock yourself out of your house or you forget to close the garage door, you can open and close the garage door regardless of your proximity to your house.

- You get alerts if the garage door opens or closes and the app keeps a documented history of this.

- It works with all major brands of garage door openers made after 1993.

- You can invite 3 'guests' to be able to control the garage, too.

- You can also set it so the door automatically closes. So if you often forget to close your garage door, you can set it to close at, say, 9pm, so you can always have peace of mind that it is closed! 

- SO easy to set up. Seriously, it took us all of 15 minutes. 

-  You can also get free in-garage delivery with Key by Amazon. Prime members in select areas can opt-in with the myQ smart garage hub to get Amazon packages securely delivered right inside their garage. Love this because our packages can stay out of the rain and be kept safe until we get home. 

Delta Faucet Trinsic VoiceIQ Single-Handle Touch Kitchen Sink Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer, Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Activated

Delta Faucet Trinsic VoiceIQ Single-Handle Touch Kitchen Sink Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer, Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Activated


Here's what it does and why we love it... 

-It's SO chic. I'm usually a traditionalist when it comes to decor but there is something so sleek and chic about this faucet. 

-  The voice activation can turn the water on and off, pour specific amounts, and even warm-up using a device like an Amazon Echo. 

- A very timely feature is the hand wash feature that provides the proper timing for lathering, scrubbing, and rinsing your hands. This might be fun/helpful for those who have small children and need a handwashing reminder!

- We were able to easily install it ourselves. We were so glad it was easy and that we didn't have to hire anyone to do it!

Echo Show 8 -HD smart display with Alexa

Echo Show 8 -HD smart display with Alexa

Echo Show 8 -HD smart display with Alexa
With this Amazon partnership, I was also sent an Echo Show 8 -HD smart display with Alexa. We have had an Echo show in our kitchen since we moved into our house 16 months ago and so we are already big fans. I can easily pull up recipes, play Amazon Prime video, see who is at the door with our Ring doorbell, and more.

I use it a lot to find my phone in the house because I usually misplace it! My fiancé and I like to play Jeopardy on it while we are making dinner and we use all of our echos around the house as intercoms. Plus, we can use our Echo show to control our new Delta faucet. We put our new Echo Show 8 in my office since I don't have a TV in there I have been loving playing things while I work. Plus, it has such a nice speaker for music!

1 comment:

Kelly C said...

We got the garage door opener about a year ago because of the same reason! My dad was doing roof work and locked himself out. Fortunately, even though I was over 100 miles away I was able to let him with the app on my phone. So helpful, considering it was freezing outside! I'm excited to gift my parents and Alexa so they can have their deliveries left inside while at work. Now I just need to figure out how to use the drop in feature as an intercom.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure