Thursday, September 3, 2020

Lately

I hope you all had a nice week! Can you believe we are already to Labor Day weekend? It's kind of an odd weekend because the Kentucky Derby is on Saturday. It has me a little confused because that usually happens in early May! But I will take it because I do love the Derby!

My sister is in town for a few weeks which is also really exciting. She hasn't been back in Pittsburgh since February!

This week was exciting as we just got a MYXFitness bike and just got it all set up so I will likely take my first ride on it this weekend!! I'll share more with you all once I've had time to properly test it out! We had a power outage all day yesterday which was a bit of a hindrance to daily life, but I am so thankful my parents live so close as I was easily able to pop over to their house to get some work done and Henry LOVES seeing my parents.

Wearing: So into this top. I just got it late last week and have already worn it twice. It's lightweight, I love the color, and so comfortable but cute!

Eating and Drinking: Kentucky Derby drink and food ideas. The simplest one is peppers stuffed with pimento cheese... SO easy but how cute does that look?!

Sale: SO many sales going on right now because of the holiday weekend. I will be back this weekend with the best from some of my favorite brands and retailers! 

Watching:
 I watched the movie 'The Out of Towners' with Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn and it was such a cute movie- a good and easy watch for before bed or if you are working and like background noise as you don't have to pay super close attention. I streamed it on Amazon Video. 
Loving: I definitely haven't traveled anywhere recently where I need a garment bag, however, the other day, I pulled out this custom garment bag from Barrington as I store a few weddings things inside, and I left it on my bed. My fiancé came downstairs and complimented it SO much... he loves it! And I realized I got it right before the pandemic and it has just been sitting my closet ever since. So anyway, this is the nicest garment bag. It's durable, roomy, and such high quality. Not to mention, you can completely customize it!! Now that I know my fiancé loves this, I'm thinking it could make a really good Christmas gift. They have a 'manly' plaid that I LOVE. 


Wanting: These cluster pearl earrings are beautiful and a quiet statement. I really love them!

Smelling: This candle is SO darling and would make a cute little gift for just $12! I smelled this and really liked it. It didn't smell 'cheap' and had a nice woody/musky scent to it. Plus, you can repurpose the cute little pumpkin jar once the candle fully burns out! 

Quoting: 'Kindness is loaning someone your strength instead of reminding them of their weakness.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

One small correction, the Kentucky Derby is always the first Saturday in May, not March. :)

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Thank you, Kelly! I definitely knew that- I have lost all concept of time at this point as you can see 😂

Kelly said...

HAHAHA no worries, I feel the exact same way!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure