Thursday, October 15, 2020

Lately

It was SUCH a beautiful fall week here in Pittsburgh. The weather has been pretty perfect and I am soaking it up. Some fall seasons here stay hot for too long and some fall seasons get too cold too soon, so I am relishing this truly perfect seasonal weather!! I snapped this photo on a walk with Henry just yesterday. The trees are definitely at their peak right now. The colors are so rich and stunning. 

Besides gorgeous weather, I was busy behind the scenes with lots and lots of computer work. I can't wait for this weekend to just take a break from the computer!! We are having friends over for dinner so I am really looking forward to that! 

We are also taking our Christmas card photos this weekend. I still have no idea what we are wearing. Whoops!!! I've just been a bit too busy. We had our photos taken at the end of October last year and I got the cards by early November and was able to spend all month writing notes, stamping them, etc. so I could get them out right after Thanksgiving. This timeline has worked so well for me because once the cards are out, it's off of my list and I can really enjoy the holiday season! And really, to be honest, I actually like writing the notes and all of that, it's just time-consuming and my hand can only write so many notes before I get a cramp, ha! 

Wearing: I've noticed many DM's regarding sweatpants and what are my favorite and while I have a lot, one of my favorite pairs, are these joggers! So cozy, flattering, and high quality! 

Eating: My parents made sausage stuffed acorn squash this past weekend for us and it is SO good. It's one of my favorite fall meals that they make every year! 

Reading: Fun details about future seasons of The Crown! Cannot wait to watch the upcoming 4th season!
Sale: This fleece is currently on sale! I love the navy details as it goes perfectly with my navy leggings!

Watching:
 We got hooked on the sequel to Netflix's Haunting of Hillhouse which is called Haunting of Bly Manor. It is the perfect binge-worthy show fo the month of October. It marries fall cozy vibes with Halloween spookiness perfectly. I believe there are 9 episodes and we are about to start episode 6! 
Loving: Henry was wrapped up in this blanket one afternoon this week and I almost sat on him!! He is so funny the way he loves blankets and pillows! 
Wanting: All the cozy things!! I think I see a different sweater every other day that I love. I have so many already so I've really had to restrain myself! 

Pittsburgh: We got Mad Noodles takeout this past weekend and I was reminded of how delicious it is. It is located in the South Side and has the best noodle dishes. My fiancĂ© also loves their Thai style fried rice and their sushi rolls are really good! 

Quoting: 'Be brave enough to be bad at something new.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure