Wednesday, October 14, 2020

How To Style: Polo Collared Sweater






Shop the Outfit:
I'm really not one to follow trends too much. However, that doesn't mean I don't try trends here and there. The collared sweater is very 'in' right now and as soon as I saw this, I thought of my mom. My mom has so many collared sweaters and she has always worn them over the years. So I'd even argue that while this look is really 'in' right now, it's also somewhat classic, too. 

I ordered a collared sweater from Mango, and while the quality was not something I loved, I realized that I loved the style. So I returned the Mango sweater and ended up ordering this navy blue Collared Cashmere Sweater which is much better quality and the fit feels more classic. If I try out a trend, I typically don't love to spend a ton on it as it usually goes out of style within a year or two, but for me, this style is a classic that is here to stay in my personal wardrobe so I didn't mind splurging a little more on this. 
Now is the time to order a sweater in this style as they are a dime a dozen! Seriously so many retailers are carrying this style at all different price points. I styled it here casually and overall find it to be a pretty casual wardrobe piece. I am also wearing it layered with a striped shirt underneath, here. I think a turtleneck underneath in the colder months will be cute and a slight nod to the '80s and a slightly trendier way to lean into this style. You can scroll through to see some of my other finds with this style. I reallllllly want this one.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love collared sweaters. I wear them with a button down, turtleneck tor scarf for a hunt look. I have some from the past in black, navy and oatmeal. I love the Club Monaco and will be buying that in the blue! Thanks for the tip, I forget about Club Monaco thank you for the reminder!
Karen

Lauren said...

I have been on the fence about getting a collared sweater, but I love how you styled yours!

Lauren,

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure