Thursday, October 8, 2020

Lately



Wow, this week has been so busy- with work in particular, but I will gladly welcome that busy feeling!!! I'm in the oddest limbo right now- it's still early fall and we are still several weeks out from Halloween, yet here I am trying to brainstorm holiday content (earlier than ever before). It's so fun and really brings me such joy, but it is a little funny when my fiancĂ© walks in and I have a mini Christmas tree sitting out and Frank Sinatra's holiday album playing. 

I did a lot of brainstorming and planning for my gift guides this week and I feel so excited about it. I feel like they will be better than ever and creating them is a ton of work but it's another thing that really excites me and makes me happy!! 

This past weekend, we got to meet our friend's new puppy, Teddy. He was SO cute and I just about melted!!!! Our neighbors also just got a puppy and all of these puppies in my life make me so badly wish we knew Henry when he was a young pup! I always wonder what he looked like and how small he was and what he was like (I adopted him when he was 2). 

One of my girlfriends is in town so I am looking forward to going on a long walk with her this morning! Since March, walking has become my new hobby (LOL!). I just feel like getting outside is truly so good for my mental health and I am soaking it all up before it becomes too cold. 

Wearing: Ok two items I have been wearing nonstop: These fluffette slippers. They are perfect for right now while it's not cold enough for my beloved Wicked Good Slippers. And this super cozy fleece jacket that I scored for $35. It's incredibly soft and cozy and works well with leggings! 

Drinking: This cranberry orange mimosa sounds wonderful! 

Sale: One of my verrrrrry favorite holiday candles is finally in stock at most retailers. It is 25% off, here!!! Speaking of holiday candles, this is another one of my very favorites that is also on sale!! 

Watching:
 We just started watching Blacklist on Netflix and LOVE it! It's a great show for a couple to watch because it's mixed with a good storyline and a lot of action. There are also a ton of episodes and seasons so I am glad we have found something we both like with some longevity as it gets colder outside and we find ourselves watching more TV. 


Loving II: Our Christmas tree that we got last year is back in stock. I have been keeping an eye out for it as I have received several DM's requesting me to share! It is SO nice. We needed a faux Christmas tree because of Henry, and this one does not look cheap or tacky at all. The top photo is a quick one I snapped whenever we were still fluffing it and decorating it, but you can kind of see it all fluffed in the bottom photo! It's full and not at all sparse! It looks like it's only going to be available online this year, but you do get free shipping! It's SO easy to set up and put away into storage. 
Wanting: This tweed coat is STUNNING and so classic! These flannel pajamas are back and in the prettiest blue color. They are buttery soft and VERY warm. I wear them on the coldest winter nights and they're a true 'little luxury'. I got a small- they run REALLY big but I don't mind them being quite big on me!

Quoting: 'Your life is as good as your mindset.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Candlefish candles are also amazing!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure