Thursday, December 10, 2020

Lately

Hope you are all having a good week! Feels like Groundhog day as I say 'not much new around here'! I've just been focused on creating as much Christmas magic and joy as humanly possible. I'm truly not feeling it like I have in years past (understandably so and I'm thinking you might be able to relate) so I've just been playing Christmas music and watching Christmas movies and decorating a bit more than I might have in other years. 

I've also been considering taking a break between the week of Christmas and New Year's on my blog. In the 11 years that I have been blogging, I have never done it before. Part of me does not want to take a break just to keep up with my streak, but I also feel like a break from the internet for a full week would be a real treat and set me up for a fresh new year... I guess time will tell! 

This is random, but last night, our neighbor gifted Henry this Volcano toy and it truly might be his most favorite toy EVER. If you have a pup, I highly recommend it! 

Wearing: This dress is one of my most favorite dresses I have seen in a long time. It's SO FUN. It is screaming out to be worn at a cocktail party or some sort of fun function where you do a lot of dancing and cocktail drinking. ONE DAY!!!! But until then, I will gladly wear it in my house and pretend I'm out somewhere fabulous. We had dinner with my parents one night this past weekend and I wore this because why not?!? I have mentioned this in past lately posts, but I can only take leggings for so long now before I feel the need to really get dressed!! This dress runs true to size and since it's not fitted anywhere if anything, size down if you are between sizes. 

Eating: We had Trader Joe's oniony kale salad for dinner one night this week and it was delicious. I don't normally love kale but this was flavorful and the kale came chopped up pretty finely so it wasn't 'overly kale' tasting. I added in some caramelized onions and it was the perfect side to go with salmon! 

Sale: This lip mask (just like a thicker lip balm) is currently available at TJ Maxx online for $15. Right now, Sephora is selling it for $22. Such a good find and makes a GREAT stocking stuffer. I have had a tub for several years now and I still have not finished it (and use it every night). It's super hydrating and works better than any other lip balm I have ever used. 

Watching:
 I am elated 90 Day FiancĂ© is back on, haha!! It is such a guilty pleasure show for me and I was so sad to see 90 Day FiancĂ© the Other Way end! 

Listening: I haven't even started a winter playlist yet because I've just been very into Christmas music. This Christmas Cocktail jazz playlist on Spotify is lovely. I listen to it while working or cooking dinner or driving and it is just so pleasant and calming. 

Loving: I watched Santa Claus Is Coming to Town by Rankin Bass and then watched Frosty all this week. They're two old school classics that were so fun to watch. A great 'background' for if you are working on your computer! 
Wanting: Did you catch my wish list from this week?! 

Pittsburgh: So many beautiful decorations around the city right now! It's fun to just hop in the car and drive around to see everything! We also ordered Driftwood Oven takeout this weekend and it was incredible. I have had their pizza before so I knew to expect delicious pizza, but we also ordered their Italian hoagie and oh my goodness, it was heavenly. It had a spicy pepper mix that was a little different than a classic Italian and they have 'ranch' that tastes more like dill tzatziki and it was unexpected but wonderful. 
Quoting: See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Ksmith said...

Your blogs are always the best. I don’t always comment but you should know you do a great job and I look forward every Time to open your blog and read it. I buy things that you recommend. Have a wonderful holiday you and your family. Don’t give up on us we love your blogs!!!!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure