Thursday, January 28, 2021

Lately

Hope you are having a great week thus far. I feel like I started the week off on a 'wrong foot' because I was LAZY on Monday and Tuesday and didn't accomplish all that much. I turned things around on Wednesday after I basically gave myself a kick in the boots! Thankfully Wednesday was much better and now we are nearing the weekend! 

We don't have anything planned this weekend (shocker). It has been cold this week with lows in the teens which is pretty typical January weather here in Pittsburgh but I am always hoping for a sneaky 35/40 degree day here and there so I can enjoy being outside for a while! 

I've been on the hunt for a dining room table... for almost 2 years, ha!!! My aunt and uncle lent us an extra table that they had and I am using cane chairs (that I couldn't pass up- but they aren't for dining room) around the table. It's been like this for a year+ and it's fine but ultimately not what I want as the end product. I've been looking since I moved in, but not looking 'hard' until the last 2 or 3 months as I'm just ready to have the dining area finished.  I haven't found much I like. I have a VERY specific table in mind. I like antiques and there really hasn't been too much in our area lately and not much even if I were to extend my search into other states. A little frustrating, but my patience always pays off, so I know to just keep looking! It has been fun to browse, I prefer looking with a purpose rather than just browsing because it makes things easier! 

Wearing:
 There are few things more classic than a Lacoste polo. I just got this one on sale and I love the  relaxed fit! I am wearing a size small. I wish were were more colors available, I would have seriously bought them all. A polo paired with shorts or white jeans or even a skirt/skort is a really easy and put together outfit for the warmer months! 

Eating: Do you guys remember the burrata and roasted tomato pasta I shared this summer? I was craving that flavor the other night but didn't feel like pasta so I marinated chicken in an Italian marinade and grilled it and then topped it with the roasted tomatoes from the recipe and instead of burrata, I used fresh mozzarella. It's definitely a summery dish, but oh my goodness on top of chicken it was AMAZING. It was also the biggest chicken breast ever so I got to eat it for lunch the following two days and put it on top of mixed greens (roasted tomatoes and all) and that was also fantastic! But so easy and so wonderful. 

Drinking: This is VERY random, but I went to Target the other day for eggs (you know how that goes) and in the soup aisle, I saw Swanson Bone Broth (chicken with ginger and turmeric). It was in those drinkable cups that you just put in the microwave and then drink from. I was intrigued so I figured why not try it. It has no sugar, the ingredients are clean, it has 9 grams of protein, and it's only 45 calories for the entire 11oz. It was delicious to have as an afternoon 'snack'- almost like having a cup of tea! I know it's really popular right now to drink bone broth, and I am pretty sure you are supposed to drink 'fresh' bone broth for the best health benefits, but this was a good foray into the whole bone broth thing, especially because this was flavored with ginger and turmeric- I think the ginger was the key for getting it to taste delicious! 

Watching:
 I'm currently in a show rut. I have only been watching the OC. I was rewatching it a while ago and got bored of it so I stopped. I picked back up and I'm so into it again. It's such a great show from the early 2000s and brings back some of the more questionable style choices I made back then, ha! 

Listening: There's not a ton on my winter playlist right now, but it's off to a good start! The overall vibe is very upbeat and happy! 

Loving: I saw this Retinol body wash the other day and was very intrigued. I've showered with it once so far, so it's a stretch to say it's a miracle worker but it smells great and worked nicely as a regular bodywash. I'll be curious to see if this improves my body's skin as it has both retinol and b3 in it which are typically face skincare ingredients. 
Wanting: Love this sherpa vest so much! I found quite a few cute things this week... are you all ready to shop spring or are you still shopping for lounge sweats and sweaters? I can't wait until I can wear lightweight sweatshirts, easy shorts, and breezy dresses! 

Smelling: Target has some new candles and I really liked Moss and Ivy, Honey Bergamot, and Salt. All three were obviously different scents but they had a similar 'freshness' to it that felt very spring. 

Quoting: 'Be faithful to your own taste, because nothing you really like is ever out of style.' -Billy Baldwin// See more of my favorites, here. 

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure