Thursday, February 4, 2021

Lately

Well, this was somehow a very fast but uneventful week! I did alllll of the mundane things like go to the grocery store and the post office and answer emails. I did enjoy the 6ish inches of snow that we got earlier this week and then yesterday we had a beautifully sunny day so I took advantage and bundled up and took Henry on a walk. He LOVES the snow and seeing him have so much fun in the snow is just pure joy for me! 

We are taking advantage of the snow this weekend as we plan to do another ski day! So glad we have had some decent ski weather lately! 

Yesterday was the first time I really noticed that the sun is setting later and later. On Valentine's Day, we will be just one month away from Daylight Savings! Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow (shocker) and with that, they are predicting 'polar vortex' temperatures later next week. I don't mind temps in the 30s at all. Overall don't mind winter as a whole. It's when the wind chill starts to dip into the single digits that I am OVER winter, haha! This is an unpopular opinion but I would rather have freezing polar temps than sweltering hot temps, though.

Wearing: I covered two of my most worn things in the past year: leggings and fleece this week! 

Eating: Snagged this poké bowl the other day at Giant Eagle Market District. Instead of rice, it had a bed of zoodles. It was SO good. Highly recommend if you are looking for a quick and delicious lunch! 


Watching:
We watched two good things this weekend (both on HBO Max). Doolittle which was a fantasy-type story and a feast for the eyes and The Little Things which is a crime drama. 

Loving: These are such cute dog collars. They are leather and look high end but the leather is actually reflective for safety. 
Wanting: This cardigan feels very Emily Gilmore and I am loving it. 

Pittsburgh: Lent is almost here and for Pittsburghers, that means fish fry Friday! There was a big map that I found last year that rounded them up so whenever I find something like that again, I will share! 

Smelling: I love Jo Malone's wood sage and sea salt. I saw this new 'travel pen' that they released. It's a solid perfume that you can apply while out and about. Genius! It seems like they only have one scent now, but I hope that they make more in the future! 

Quoting: 'What you give power to has power over you if you allow it.' // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I am with you lady. I would rather have it cold than hot. Sweating is just so icky and not very comfortable if you ask me. I hope you are having a great start to your week and happy Tuesday!

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure