Tuesday, February 9, 2021

The Best Moisturizing Lip Balms

The Best Moisturizing Lip Balms
Shop the Products: 
It's a cold week here in Pittsburgh and it's looking like that is the case in a lot of other areas of the country, too! This is the kind of cold that I definitely do not enjoy; the kind that sends chills down to your bones. I mean does anyone enjoy single digits?! It looks like our low for Sunday night is below zero- ick!! 

When it gets this cold, the air becomes even dryer and I am always shocking myself all over the house. The dry air also leads to chapped lips, super dry hands, and EVERYTHING gets so dry. 

So during the winter months, I try to use ALL things moisturizing. From skincare to hand lotions to lip balms, the more moisture, the better, in my opinion! 

I am rounding up my top favorite products for lips that I find to be the best for moisturizing. I've tried a ton of lip balms over the years and these really seem to be the best. Let me know if you have a good recommendation in the comments, I think lip balms are fun to try and I love testing out a new brand or lip balm product! 

The Best Moisturizing Lip Balms


Medicated w/ SPF// This is my go-to for every day. The 'medicated' part of it doesn't smell and you can't taste it, unlike some other medicated lip balms. This one also has SPF 15 which I really appreciate. Since they are so inexpensive, I keep them EVERYWHERE: in the kitchen, my handbag, my car, beach bag, ski bag, etc. This is a true chapstick feeling as it's not thick and not goopy or heavy. I reapply often. 

Lip Glowy Balm// This is my newest favorite. I've long been a fan of the Lip Sleeping Mask and this is basically the same thing but in a tube (which is much more sanitary!). I'm not sure if they are the exact same product, but the lip glowy balm feels every so slightly thinner in consistency. This is also more expensive as the tub you get has much more product for the price, however, I really like the tube for my bag and honestly just in general because of the ease of application. With that said, I still use and like both. This is so nice and hydrating, it works better than most lip products I have ever used. If you have really dry lips, this will cure them in a few uses. 

 Baume de Rose// This is one of my favorites to wear out in public and on-the-go. It's easy to apply and looks really pretty. It's not tinted but the sheen is like a toned-down lip gloss. It just makes my lips look so much healthier when it is on! This smells like roses. I don't like rose scents too much, but it's a high-end rose scent where it really smells fresh. It's not overpowering so I don't mind. This is very hydrating and the texture is silky smooth- the texture is unlike any lip balm I have ever used. 

Lip Sleeping Mask// This mask is my holy grail lip product. It's 110% worth the hype. I use it nightly. It's really heavy and thick and very hydrating. There's no reason you can't use it during the day- it's called a 'sleeping mask' but you can wear this whenever. It just looks like you have vaseline on your lips. The berry is like a very light pink color but it's not tinted once it is on your lips. I loathe the tub application, though not enough for me to stop using it. I have been using one tub for over 2 years, there is so much product in the little tub! I will always rebuy this. I think they call it a 'mask' because it's not quick to absorb. I put this on at least 30 minutes before my head hits the pillow because it will transfer to the pillow if I don't give it plenty of time to really sink in and even then, you still have a layer on top of your lips that can transfer. 

1 comment:

Laura Baker Busic said...

You HAVE to try the Lano 101 Ointment Multi Balm! It's 10 times as good as the Laniege for a sleeping mask in my opinion! I preach this to anyone who will listen, ha!I get it at Ulta, it comes in several flavors

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure