Thursday, April 8, 2021

Lately


I hope you all had a lovely Easter if you celebrate and are having a great week! We had a fun Easter dinner at my parent's house and had our traditional ham with lots of accompaniments. It was all delicious! 

This week I was all about soaking up the sunshine and warm weather. It was borderline HOT outside yesterday!! I was a guest speaker in a Duquesne University class this week (via Zoom) and I always love doing things like that. 

We also did a Costco trip. I LOVE Costco. I really have no idea why it brings me so much joy, but it does. They have so many good things and lots that I have never even heard of before. We are always discovering something new. 

I also got a basil plant. I am itching to plant things but it's just not time yet here in Pittsburgh. We have another solid month until we are out of the 'frost' possibility. I am going to start the basil inside and then put it outside once it is continuously warm enough. Somehow, my hydrangea plant made it through the freezing winter. I was truly not expecting it to survive, so I was so pleasantly surprised!

Wearing: The above photo is  a photo of the navy skort I was talking about a few 'lately' posts ago... you guys, it is SO good. It's like sweats in disuguise because it is beyond comfortable. 
Eating: One of my very favorite foods is seaweed salad and it's a little hard to find. I can usually order it out at sushi restaurants or in the sushi section of Giant eagle (in like a single serve package), but I have never seen it sold in a grocery store like this!!! This was at Costco and I was elated to see it!! 

Drinking: This smoky watermelon margarita sounds delish!

Watching:
 We just started watching The One (Netflix). We are 2 episodes in and so far we really like it. There are quite a few storylines that go on so you really have to pay attention, but the concept is that this woman creates a company that is like a mix of 23 and Me and Match.com. I feel like this is kind of unique/something I've ever seen done before so I am really fascinated by it! 

Listening: The weather has been so nice here we have been listening to Bob Marley radio on Spotify... it makes me feel like I should be sipping a margarita on a beach somewhere. Oh how I wish! 
Loving: My dad and fiancĂ© had the same shoes on for Easter! The photo is a screenshot from my stories- it was the only one I took of their shoes, sorry!! My mom and I bought them both back in November and I thought they were no longer available and I came across them yesterday for under $100! They run a little big so you might want to get a half size down! 
Wanting: Not too much on my radar this week! 

Pittsburgh: I can't wait for The Eagle to open up downtown... it should be any day. The food looks delicious and the place looks fun! 

Traveling: We are taking a road trip south soon, I can't wait! 

Quoting: 'Failure is not the opposite of success, it's part of success' // See more of my favorites, here. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The Eagle is a Cincinnati restaurant and it is SO GOOD! The fried chicken is amazing, and the spoonbread or the sausage and kale dip are great starters.

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure