Friday, April 30, 2021

Spring Gardening Finds



 
Shop the Gardening Items:
The weather is finally starting to consistently be warm (as I say this, it will probably snow, ha!). So I've been in full-on 'gardening' mode. 'Gardening' is a big reach, really. I bought myself another hydrangea plant for my birthday and have to transfer things into new pots... but it makes me feel like I somewhat know what I am doing. Since we are still having cold temps at night, I've been bringing my plants in each night. It's kind of a pain, but when I see them all sitting together, I feel accomplished! 

Last year I just started off with basil and it started doing so well that I added in one hydrangea plant. I was actually about to throw away my hydrangea plant from last year because I just assumed it was dead. Well, it started sprouting leaves!!! I was so surprised it survived winter in a planter! 

So this year, I added another hydrangea plant. I've also restarted my basil indoors. I really want to try and grow some other herbs, too! It makes cooking so much better always having fresh herbs on hand. My mouth is watering just thinking of tomatoes, burrata, and fresh basil. I am thinking of adding cilantro, rosemary, and mint. 

If you told me a few years ago that I would be planting things and caring for them, I would have said you were crazy. I have never had an interest in plants or gardening. Actually, the only reason I ever even started growing basil was that the plant cost less to buy than a pack of basil, so I figured why not! But now that I have figured it out a little, I find it to be really enjoyable and the outcome is SO pretty. 

Shop the Items:
I just transported my hydrangea from its plastic pot from the nursery to this adorable planter. I got everything I needed from Walmart. Walmart Home has such a good selection of everything you need for creating an outdoor oasis. 

I was literally using a cup to scoop dirt and kitchen scissors to cut my plants. So I upgraded and got this Pruning Set and Gardening Tool Set. I now feel a little more legit! Planters can be SO expensive, it is wild! I found this one and loved the look of it and was shocked to see how affordable it was! 

Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure