Friday, May 21, 2021

Grammie's 95th Birthday Party








Henry eyeing the veggies. He LOVES carrots. 

Grammie loves to take photos with her iPad so I caught her in action! 

This past Monday 5/17 was my Grammie's 95th birthday. We celebrated with a birthday dinner for her on Monday night, but this past weekend, my parents hosted a lovely evening for her at their house. It is such a monumental birthday and we all had such fun and were so incredibly glad we were able to celebrate my grammie this year!! She is the best. 

My mom is the hosting queen. She always sets a gorgeous table and often hosts last-minute, more casual things like homemade pizza and wine night in their backyard... in fact, we are headed over there tonight for pizza and it is a beautiful evening to enjoy their patio! 

This time, my mom was serving a full dinner so we just did some light, pretty snacks on the patio. We majorly lucked out with the weather as it was gorgeously sunny and even stayed somewhat 'warm' as it got darker. 
I ordered a few things from Walmart for my mom so she could set them out for guests. They have so many perfect summer entertaining things and if you didn't know, they have a huge home section!  I got this melamine tray and it was the perfect thing for veggies. I loved the pretty blue and white pattern. I think it would also be great for chips and dip. I also found this beautiful wood board for charcuterie. It looks pretty online, but it's even better in person!!  I ordered a few of these pillows to put around on the patio and we had a few of these solar lanterns on hand which gave off the prettiest glow once the sun set. 

My favorite part of the charcuterie board was the pepperoni rose. My sister told us about it and it's so easy to make! This YouTube video will show you how to do it! 

My aunt read a poem by Helen Rice that my Grammie picked out that says...

'Friendship is a priceless gift
That can't be bought or sold,
But its value is far greater
Than a mountain made of gold.

For gold is cold and lifeless,
It cannot see nor hear,
And in your times of trouble,
It is powerless to cheer.

It has no ears to listen,
No heart to understand.
It cannot bring you comfort
Or reach out a helping hand.

So when you ask God for a gift,
Be thankful that he sends,
Not diamonds, pearls, or riches,
But the love of a real, true friend.'

It was truly so sweet and I am so thankful for wonderful friends that are in my grammie's life that enrich her life. I know I am so lucky to have my grammie in my life and I know so many others that value her as a wonderful, true friend. Truly, to know her is to love her!!! 
Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own. Check out some more summer entertaining items I love above!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

What a milestone! Happy birthday to your beautiful Grammie. Wishing her many more years and that pepperoni rose is absolutely adorable. Going to try it now since we've got some leftover from pizza night! I hope you are having a great weekend so far!

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure