Thursday, May 20, 2021

Lately

I hope you are all enjoying your week! It has been the most gorgeous week weather-wise and I have been soaking it up. I think we are *finally* getting a little taste of summer!! Buddy came over this week to hang out with Henry and I finally got a great photo of the two of them together! They are warming up to each other more and more as each day passes! 

It's been insanely busy over here and I am grateful for it! I have a lot of fun projects I am working on, trying to get our house together/decorate a little more, our wedding is just months away (FINALLY!!!!!), and we have a lot of other social events and things going on. 
Dress// Cashmere Wrap (similar, less pricey)

This past weekend we had a birthday party for my grammie as she just turned 95 on Monday!! I'll share more about the party tomorrow. We went out to dinner to celebrate her actual birthday, too, which was so much fun. She is my only living grandparent and she is just the best. I am so grateful for her. I also hope I have her genes. At 95 she still lives in her own home, drives on her own, still hosts beautiful and delicious meals and more. I do know she uses Olay for her skincare, so hoping that works as well for me as it has for her, ha! 

I actually have so much to share- some home updates with photos and all of that, but I am still waiting on a few things and some really cute dresses and fun things so keep an eye out! 

Wearing: Loved wearing this sweet and simple eyelet dress on Monday. 
Eating: My fiancĂ© made BBQ chicken for dinner the other night using Trader Joe's Carolina gold sauce and it was delicious. I think their gold sauce is my favorite jarred BBQ sauce ever!

Drinking: Vinho Verde is my favorite summertime white wine- I only discovered it last summer and I just put the first bottle of the season in the fridge! 

Reading: This is very specific, but we were hanging the new light fixture this week, and this guide on how high to hang it was really helpful. 

Watching: I think I am going to watch the show 'Cruel Summer' next! I have heard so many people raving about it. It's on Freeform and set in the 1990s! 

Listening: I've been listening to the 'Cocktail Jazz' playlist on Spotify. They have tweaked it a bit (it seems) and it's even better than ever. Perfect for when we are cooking dinner and finally being able to eat outside! 

Loving: I love love love grilled vegetables. They are one of my all-time favorite foods and so we basically eat them with every meal during the summer. This grill basket is amazing and what we use to grill our veggies! 
Wanting: Not a ton so far this week... I've been keeping my eyes out for pretty dresses and striking out still! 

Pittsburgh: I have not been to Oak Hill Post in Brookline yet but I drool every time I see their photos. Everything looks SO GOOD but especially the burger. Ok and look at this steak frites sandwich... WOW! We are going to go ASAP! 

Quoting: 'Many of us feel stress and get overwhelmed not because we're taking on too much, but because we're taking on too little of what really strengthens us.' - Marcus Buckingham // See more of my favorites, here.

No comments:

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure