Thursday, May 13, 2021

Lately

We have almost made it to the end of the week! This entire week I have thought it was a day ahead of what day it really was. Even though I kept looking at the calendar, it still just felt like a day ahead, ha! Do you ever have weeks like that?

I kicked off the week with a fun get-together with my high school girlfriends. Two live here in Pittsburgh and one was in town from Georgia and it was SO good to get us all back together again!

My days and weeks are starting to become busier and busier as time goes on! I am thrilled to pen in (finally confident enough to use pen again on my calendar) social events, weddings, and obligations onto my calendar, just thrilled, but I forgot what this was like! Bring it on, but I will remember to schedule time for a nap, ha!!

This weekend we are celebrating a huge milestone for my grammie. She turns 95!!! My sister is in town all this month which makes the occasion all the sweeter! 


Also, I have some more exciting news about my family if you didn't see my Instagram post, my parents got a dog!!!!! He is just one year old and they think he is an Australian Cattle dog possibly with some Australian Shepherd in him, too! They named him Buddy and he is truly as sweet as can be. He is still behaving like a puppy with tons of energy which is fun! They rescued him from an area outside of Louisville, Kentucky. They really wanted a blue heeler as our sweet Mac (who passed away in February 2018) was a blue heeler and have been looking for a little over a year to rescue one and have not had much luck. Amazingly (and wonderfully) many shelters over this past year have had lots of room due to so many adopting dogs. That is something so positive that came from this past year. Unfortunately for my parents, it made their search long but they stuck it out and waited for sweet Buddy! My sister's dog, Bean, and Henry have both met Buddy and they are all getting along well. Henry is definitely jealous and is the alpha male between all three pups, but we are trying to teach him that he doesn't have anything to be jealous about. 

Wearing: The shirt I am wearing in the first photo at the top of this post is from Tuckernuck a year or two ago and I love it and wear it often. It is no longer available, but this shirt looks SUPER similar so I ordered it in red! I love all of the color options they offer. 

Eating: This is very specific, but if you live in Pittsburgh, the brisket quesadilla from Taco Diablo on Beverly is life-changing. I ate it this weekend and forgot how good it is. 

Drinking: This pineapple jalapeno martini that I shared last week! 

Reading: This article on tick prevention in dogs. I read an article this past week (and now I can't find it) about how ticks are supposed to be bad this year. I worry so much about Henry and ticks. He takes preventative medicine and we check him daily during tick season but this is just a reminder for you to be vigilant! 

Sale: Ann Taylor is having a huge sale right now! 

Watching:
 I started the new season of Handmaid's Tale and wow is it DARK! I mean that was to be expected, but sometimes I can't even stomach it but at the same time it is so good. We just watched the second reunion of Summer House- DRAMA! My fiancĂ© doesn't watch Handmaid's Tale so now we need something to watch together again! Any recs?

Loving: I shared these 9 dresses on my Instagram stories yesterday. They are great for cocktail events and weddings. The most requested topic from you all is that I post wedding guests' dresses. I shared on Instagram stories that I just do not love a lot of what is available from many of my favorite retailers. Part of the issue is lack of supply due to supply chain issues and all of that, so I am not sure it will be getting better anytime soon but my fingers are crossed. However, when I come across some fancier dresses that I love and fit my standards, I will definitely continue to share options with you all. 
Wanting: Not too much on my radar this week, but a few fun things! 

Pittsburgh: The Pittsburgh Art's Fest is happening!!! I am so excited- it's one of my favorite Pittsburgh events that is held each summer. It was obviously canceled last year and I was so bummed about it. Looking forward to checking out all of the local artists, we still have a few blank walls in our house that I would love to fill with local talent! 
Quoting: See more of my favorites, here.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

My husband and I have enjoyed watched Mare of Easttown together on HBO. It stars Kate Winslet. If you liked The Undoing, you’ll enjoy this too!

Maureen said...

Yay to a new member of the family! That is so exciting. And happy birthday to your grandma. That is a huge milestone and want to wish her an amazing year and many many more!

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure