Friday, June 11, 2021

Dresses for Summer




Happy weekend! I hope you all had a wonderful week. Today I am chatting about dresses because I cannot believe the number of requests I have received to share everything from casual to cocktail to formal dresses. 

It is slim pickings out there right now for dresses and I know many of you feel the same way because I chatted about this a few weeks ago on Instagram stories. I'm also just not in love with the trends, which I have shared many times now. I don't love all the ruffles and all of the excess fabrics. I feel like everything has a puff sleeve or ruffle, and while it looks great on some, what happened to a classic fit and flare or plain sheath or printed shift?! 

Anyway, it's not all excess fabric, I have managed to find a lot of really pretty dresses. I have been turning to sites like The Outnet and Saks Off Fifth because they seem to have the largest selection of 'fancier' dresses. Most of the new arrivals on sites like Shopbop and Nordstrom lean much more casual with flowy cotton sundresses. 

So, see below for some of my picks and then I am styling a cute cocktail dress in the photos above that I just love. I have this style of dress in black and it has a classic swing shape and a bow tie in the back. Plus, you all know I love a good blue and white print so this should not surprise you, ha! This runs true to size. I am wearing a size small. If you have a cocktail attire event this summer, this is such a good option
Another constant you will usually see me with whenever I am dressed up is with one of these cashmere travel wraps. They work perfectly with dresses from sundresses to cocktail dresses to formal black tie. With all of the air conditioning during the summer at restaurants and venues, I get so cold and am always so glad to have one of these wraps on hand! They are pricey, but they are truly luxurious and huge. You can use it as a blanket on a plane, it is that big! The photo above is of me at dinner just last Friday night. The air was on full blast- I barely was sitting down for 5 minutes before I had my wrap around my shoulders and was comfortable for the rest of dinner! 

Bloomingdale's usually has a selection of similar cashmere travel wraps for less, but it is looking like most are sold out. However, these two colors are marked down to $50 and there is a slightly smaller-in-size wrap, here. Both sale colors are gorgeous and perfect for spring/summer! A lot of their cashmere is 60% off right now which is amazing. I find their in-house cashmere brand to be really nice quality and I typically buy my cashmere during the summer months as that is when you can really get a great deal. 

Also, if you are looking for white dresses, I'm working on a post on that, but I rounded up 16 in this post, here
Shop the Dresses:

3 comments:

T said...

I agree — it's so difficult to find timeless pieces right now. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!!!

Karen said...

Regarding cashmere, Vince is having a great sale! Sign up for email notifications and receive addition discounts I bought 2 of the boiled cashmere sweaters for $118 each down from 395! I am buying more for Christmas gifts for my sister and mother!

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure