Monday, June 21, 2021

Golf Outfit Inspiration








Was this a practice shot or did I miss the ball?! Probably the latter...ha! 


Shop the Pieces:
We had such a fun weekend! Friday night, we did a double date with my parents and went to Hyde Park for dinner, and then headed over to the Pirate game! I haven't been to a sporting event in sooo long, it was the best time. The weather had been iffy all day, so we were glad it was not rained out! Afterward, we were going to head over to The Rebel Room for a cocktail, but they were having a power outage, so we walked past Revel and Roost and they had all of their windows open and we could hear a great reggae band inside, so we stopped in and had so much fun dancing to the live music! I had never been to Revel and Roost but it was a cool bar spot in Market Square!

Saturday, the weather was iffy again. It rained off and on all morning. We had our father-daughter golf outing planned so I was really hoping it would clear up by early afternoon. For about an hour when we were there, it was spitting rain, but then turned out to be a really nice afternoon/evening! Let's just say I was glad I did not spend time doing my hair for this and very glad I brought a hat, haha!! 

The father-daughter golf outing is something our club does annually on Father's Day weekend. They also have a father-son on another day... my fiancé and dad are going to play in it next year. My dad will be excited because my fiancé actually knows how to golf, ha!! My sister is the golfing sibling in the family... she was captain of the golf team in high school and is very good. Me on the other hand? I golf infrequently and show up for the vibe, the outfits, the company, and the cocktails, ha!! Luckily, my sister has a lot of old equipment so I just use her hand-me-downs for the day. Our family friend actually gave me these golf shoes because she had ordered them but they didn't work for her. I usually just golf in my tennis shoes, but it was fun to have actual golf shoes...I felt very legitimate, ha!!!  

Luckily, this event is played as a scramble so my dad is able to carry the team, although we did use my ball several times!! We played in a foursome with our family friends. We always have the best time with them. The dads went to high school together and the daughters have grown up together our whole lives!

It's a really cute event. They had pink balloons tied to the carts, they give the daughters cute little gift bags, and there is a dinner at the end. My fiancé and mom ended up coming halfway through and riding in a cart behind us so they could spectate and then have dinner with us.

I love seeing the little girls playing with their dads. Their outfits are always darling and it was so cute that they gave out a trophy to the youngest player who was just 6 years old! It's no pressure and lots of fun. Truly something our whole family looks forward to each year. 

Tuckernuck sent me a few pieces from their new sport collection to wear for the occasion. Athleticwear/athleisure wear is a dime a dozen these days and yet I feel like it all looks the same. Black leggings, solid racerback tanks, and tie-dye sports bras. 

Tuckernuck's collection truly stands out from everything else, in my opinion. Their pieces are unique in not only design but in the colors and prints that they use. In general, I don't think of sports clothing as 'special' but I really think their pieces feel much more special and stand out. 
Like for example, the collared shirt I was wearing had an adorable floral embroidery on the collar. One of the white skirts that they sent me has gingham shorts underneath that coordinate with the green piping on the outside of the skirt. 

I am extremely picky about the fit and fabrics that I wear for sports stuff. I do Orange Theory 3-4 days per week and that can get sweaty so I always look for a sweat-wicking material and all of these pieces are perfect like that. You can truly sweat in them and not worry about them falling apart wear after wear, wash after wash. 


The pieces run true to size. I am wearing a size small. If you are deciding between two sizes, size down as they are slightly roomy and have a nice amount of stretch. 
I thought my friend Nicole's hat was so cute. This has an extended opening to allow for a high ponytail. Brilliant! 

Used my trusty yacht club tote bag. Seriously best tote bag ever. It has 6 pockets inside and is so roomy. 

Vineyard Vines just sent me these because they launched a collaboration with Corkcicle! Aren't they so cute?! It was great to keep my drinks cold the entire time! 


Teleties, always. My hair was a MESS with the spitting rain and humidity! I have used these for years and have tried so many other brands and this is the only brand that has never broken on me! One time, I was in an Orange Theory class and my hair was in an invisibobble hair tie and it snapped mid-class. I freaked out because working out in a workout like OTF with long hair fully down is near impossible. Luckily, one of the coaches had a hair tie- she was working the desk so she didn't need it. So I was spared but seriously, having a hair tie you can depend on is important to me (as trivial as that sounds). 

This is a great lightweight, classic sweatshirt. It's perfect for the summer months! I got a size 38 and would say it probably fits like a medium. It's nice and roomy without looking totally frumpy. 

1 comment:

Maureen said...

What a fun day! Love that you and your dad got to spend time together this weekend. So priceless! I also love your golfing outfit. You look very cute and golf ready! I hope your week is off to a good start and happy Monday!

Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

 

© Summer Wind Blog 2017 / site design by kiki and co. / disclosure